Coleman Propane Distribution Tree

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
I bought one of the Colemans distribution tree's that hooks up to the large propane tanks and several hoses to run from the tree to various appliances, though all of the hose's that I bought have ends on them that attach to the tank and not to the tree. Am I going to have to buy adapters for each hose or did I buy the wrong hoses?... ::huh:

Btw, I didn't see any other type of hose or at least I didn't notice there being hose's with different types of connectors on them.... ::huh:

I also need one of those fittings that you can use to refill the small disposable tanks from the larger ones if someone knows where I can pick one up. I actually thought I had one though it was just an adapter for an appliance.

At the rate it's going I know I could have bought a lot of gas bottles for what I'm spending on accessories in order to use the big tanks... :banginghe

Last edited:

Scouter

I have used my Coleman tree for years and love it. You indicated you bought hoses, They make hoses that go from the tree and to the appliance. I would recommend you take the hoses back and exchange them for the corrrect hose. Be careful and watch, because the hoses do come in different lengths. I keep my bottle in one of those plastic crates with an adjustble wrench. When I set mine up I take the tank out, turn the crate up-side down, set the tank bottom of the crate to give it additional height. This is usually sitting beside a table, so I tie the tank to the table to keep it for falling over.

Scouter

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Scouter, thanks for the info and the tips. I'll take the hose's back as you suggested and swap them out for the correct ones. It does look like it would be nice once I get all the correct stuff.

Jeff Phillips

Milton - They have the hoses in 8' and 12' lengths at Bass Pro. I looked at em last week.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Milton

I concur, you probably have the wrong hoses. I have used a "tree" for years and they are great, I put a propane lantern on the top connector so I can see to operate the other goodies I connect to it :)

leo

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
Hi H'nut the Re-fill connectors are hard to find now days I'll rent ya mine 1 night in the luxury suite for a days use of the adaptor :D :D :D eddy

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Thanks guy's!

I ran back to BP tonight and returned the one I had bought earlier and picked up two 8 footers made to attach to the tree...:clap:

Jeff, the only 12 footer that BP had is made to attach directly to the tank, though they also had some 5 footers. That's what I bought originally and took back. They only had the hose's that attach to the tree in 8 foot lengths.

Anywho, I should be ready to rock and roll now, though I still haven't found the adapters made to refill the little disposable bottles.

dixie

Tree

Milt, wally world as ALL that stuff, LOL, I'm the Hank Hill of the camp! Sports Autority also carries all you listed, it's kinda hard to find there, it's over in the camping dept, but not with the other propane stuff, at least that's the way it is at the store on Hiway 41.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Eddy, that's cool though you'll have to furnish your on sleeping bags... :bounce:

Dixie, I hear ya! My camp is pretty much looking that way now. I'll check out both Wally World & Sports Authority and see what they have. I still need some other stuff for my other tank that I plan to use during cold weather to run my heaters inside my campers.

frankwright

The refill adapters are hard to find locally. You almost have to do an online search. I have seen them on Ebay and I think Cabelas carries them.

I bought one ten years ago and I have not bought a bottle since. I do swipe the nice clean ones people toss at camp.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
FW,

Thanks for the info, I'll look in my Cabelas catalog and see if they show them in there and if not I'll check Ebay.

Btw, how do you tell when their full when you're filling them?

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
H'nut try northerntool.com item#17264-1405 $17.99 I think the local northern tool stores have them in stock let me know if ya want me to check the Marietta store for you :D eddy

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Eddy, if your close and it's not a bother just pick me one one up for me if you will and I'll pay you for it when I can see better... :bounce:

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
got ya covered I'm off thursday/Ivan day so I'll check and let ya know eddy

nevamiss270

GONetwork Member
Harbor Freight has the refilling devices you are talking about. The next time any of you guys are up at bass pro come see me - i work in the camping dept. - my name is patrick. I'd love to put some faces to the names!

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
Got you one at Harbor freight $16.99 now how do I get it to you I might not get to camp for a while eddy

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Patrick, I'm in there all the time. BP is where I bought the Coleman Tree and hose's. Are you one of the Twins that work there? If so, I spoke with you about them when I purchased them.

Eddy, thanks for picking it up or me. I guess just hang onto it until I see you at camp or if you go to camp and I'm not there you could leave it for me somewhere say like sitting on the tounge of my camper or hid behind the wheel of the camper or basically anywhere, just so as you let me know where you hid it.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
ups'ed it :D :D TODAY E- MAIL SENT eddy