Help Posting Pictures...

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
I'm trying to attach a picture and it keeps telling me my file is too big - I resize the picture but it says it's the same size - I'm kinda' dumb with these sorts of things - HELP!

one_shot_no_mor

Try Different Format

Try "save as" and change it to a different format. TIFF, BMP and others are generally larger files than JPG...

one_shot_no_mor

Big Difference

HuntinTom,
I just saved a 703 Kb .BMP file as a 48 Kb .JPG file. Same picture, BIG difference in file size...

Wetzel

Go to windows paint

open a file to load you picture

Stretch/Skew the picture (under image) to resize a certain percentage

Resave the photo and try to load again, if it is still to large, resize again.

I was having the same problem with trying to load pictures myself until someone on here gave me the advice I'm passing on to you. It seems to work great. I never knew pictures could be resized in this manner..

photohost needed

You need a photohost or forget It thats the modern and latest way of doing pics..most website owners love It cause they do not need to store your pic
all your doing Is providing a link to the pic on the photohost server.Ya can't
get around It any more you need to upload some pics lets say to a free photohost to start with just so you get the Idea..hang of It.then you find the properties of the photohost pic and do a copy and paste and I just know all
of this stuff Is confusing and complicated RIGHT

photohosts provide links

I always email a link to anyone I know on dial up
cause they'll never be able to download the pic
otherwise.I never send out the actual pic unless It Is very small
I always email the link then those on dial up will love
you for It every time!

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Thanks a Lot Guys...

Attachments

• woody.flower.2.gif
    woody.flower.2.gif
    86.6 KB · Views: 397

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Another Try...

Attachments

• woody.flower.3.gif
    woody.flower.3.gif
    93.8 KB · Views: 380

Hoss

Maybe this will help.

To get the file size small enough, you may have to change the amount of compression of a jpg file. Typically this is done when you save the file. Do a save as and look for options on the screen that shows up. Should be able to adjust the compression level.

Here's a link to an earlier discussion on this topic.

http://www.woodystaxidermy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443

Hoss

Hoss

HT, looks like you figured it out while I was eating dinner. Also looks like the size of the photos has been increased. It was limited to 39KB. That will make it easier to post photos.

Good looking flowers.

Hoss

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I raised the max size of photos. Post away. Most but the very large will work.

Jim

Jasper

Just practicing loading a pic

Here's my first attempt at uploading a pic. Brown bear I saw while fishing in Alaska. Hope it works.

Attachments

• brownbear1.JPG
    brownbear1.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 105

bilgerat

Senior
kodak

I found out that my kodak photo center program has an editing feature that i can use to downsize a photo file.it accually has a setting that says 'best for web'.

Last edited:

Al33

Tommy,

On one occassion when I was having the identical problem as you, I discovered I had IN FACT correctly reduced the size of the file, however, I was returning to an upload screen that needed to be refreshed. Once I refreshed it, it gave me the new "OK" info versus the old for my original attempt.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Al

How Do You Attach A File????

I Scanned A Picture Then Dragged It To The Mountain Icon And Dropped It Off And It Says Opens It Up But Not On Here Im Lossed I Drug It From My Pictures To Here And It Wont Let Me What Do I Do??

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Ss

I think you need to

1'st save it to a file on your computer

Then you need to open thread for a reply or new topic then scroll down to where it says attach files. Next click on "manage attachments" and follow the instructions :)

That should work, if not holler and maybe we can help more.

Here is a previous post I made on attaching pics ....

"Attached Images ....Save what pictures you want to post to your computer, ... "my pictures".

In the "reply to post", scroll down until you see ... Attach files ...., click on ... "Manage Attachments". From there, click on .."browse".. locate the picture you want to share, and double click the picture. Follow the instructions and if your pic is sized correctly, 640wx480h pixels, and no larger than 200kbytes it should show in your thread."

Leo