Shot a Piebald this weekend...

gadeerwoman

beautiful deer! Hope you are planning a full body mount or at least tanning the hide from that one. Congratulations!

MoeBirds

Nice lookin little piebald.

I saw that little bump on her head between the eye and ear and though a button too, but I guess it was an obstacle illusion:huh: ?!

I'd a been hard pressed not to get a full body mount of that one (it would've fit on my night-stand::ke: :bounce: ) and would think more than a few taxidermists would've done it for free, in exchange for show-mount material?!

We have quite a few on our place. A hunter took a very nice buck last year almost completely white and donated it to our lodge where it is in full-body mount and gets tons of compliments from guests since!!!

:cool:

addictedtodeer

Cool!

Big Foot

thanks for the kind replies, having the hide tanned...

It was weird seeing one for the first time...

SwitchbackXThunter

A definite mount in my book !! Tanned hide behind mount.. I want one!! I am jealous!

Big Foot

thanks guys,

I'm telling you I've only been deer hunting pretty serious for about 6-7 years...it was very ODD to see her come on the scene...

from Google, they are about 1% of the deer population.

ed'sboy

Congratulations on a rare kill and fair chase. I had one behind my house that I was feeding corn. We live pretty much in the city so I had decided not to arrow it and I found out last week that a kid in the neighborhood was putting out corn as well. Piebald came into his yard, he stands on a chair to shoot over the fence around their pool and killed it. Kind of got away with me. Sorry to steal your thread. Congrats again on something unique.

gadeerwoman

Saw a nice piebald doe yesterday between Madison and Lake Oconee. Only the 3rd one I've ever seen in the wild. Saw 2 melanistic deer last year down near Sparta.