New proposed Deer Limit?????

What's your opinion????

• It's just fine like it is.......

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • The limit is too high right now......

Votes: 52 69.3%
  • The limit is too low.....Let's raise it.......

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters

stumpman

Banned
Do any of you fill your tags that you get now? from what I see on here it won't matter most people aren't going to shoot there limit anyway. Are the limits on bucks going to change?

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
A 15 deer limit will have little or no effect. -- I know some properties that wouldn't even have 15 deer in the whole area. -- That many for each member would be impossible.

Toliver

According to the guy that sold me my license, I can get my regular license and my landowner tags. Between me and my wife, apparently we can legally harvest 48 deer as it is. I think we need to raise the limit so we can get a few more to make sure the freezer is full. ::ke: ::ke:

Ok, seriously. I think the limit needs to stay where it is or come down a bit. I'll spare you my reasoning.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
I'm just thankful ......

..........the new proposed limits are not MANDATORY and I can make up my own mind again this year :)

leo

Buford_Dawg

way TOO HIGH in my area. Don't see it going lower though, unfortunately. Would'nt mind seeing it go back to about 3 or so does a year for awhile and see if what happens. I will keep wishing.

Deerhead

Setting a 15 deer limit is unrealistic, impossible, completely unenforceable, and more importantly detrimental to the deer population.

I am getting sick of brown its down. I began hunting an area of low deer population. You were lucky just to see a single deer once and a while. Much less harvest one. Well get ready this is our future again! Read GON Deer cooler are closing. Their numbers are down. Not because of bad weather. I think bad choices. Just my 2 cents.

Ps. I want to complement the DNR committee for proposing a driver education program for avoiding deer car collisions. Good job!

H

HT2

T B......

It is......

"15" anterless deer and "2" antlered deer........

willhunt

Too high...

I'd like to see the doe limit somewhere around 5, but make them legal every day, not just certain days like in many northern counties. If they did this, I would be ok with a 1 buck a year limit. IMHO...

wh

E

edge

too high already

Isn't saying "hey, nobody is gonna take that many anyway", sorta like this?

"Since most people won't murder anyone, let's make it legal" (I know, it's a stretch).... The fact remains that poachers will kill what they want until they get caught, and then most of them will still do it again. So, they don't pay attention to limits. Still, I think reasonable limits should be set, and for me, three to five is enough for anybody.

There are those who use the argument "my family needs the meat". I'm sorry, but I've heard that from too many poachers over the years. If someone needs the meat that badly, wouldn't they be better served by working more and hunting less?? :whip: I know, that is a terrible thing to say!! :type:

We need to remember that deer have been a renewable resource for 30 years or so, but if certain people have their way, there will be 5 deer per square mile, the farmers (of whom I've been) will be happy, the insurance companies will be happy, the DNR will be happy, and the trophy hunters will be happy because of those deer, 4 and a half of them will be HUGE bucks.

Of course, new hunters won't waste their time and will become interested in new and interesting pursuits, such as attending PETA conventions. :shoot:

ps. I agree with willhunt...ONE buck per year....but who would EVER agree to just shooting ONE buck per year....(maybe they would be a little more picky on taking one) :flag:

Last edited:

Meriwether Mike

Most of us are limiting ourselves all ready. The limits are only bad when you have those who have to kill all they can and then do not make good use of the meat. Many of these are shooters who decide they are not getting back in a lease so they kill every deer they can. The next ones who get the lease then wonder why they cannot see a deer? ::huh:

deerhunter75

Way Too High

In our club next year you will be allowed 2 does and your 2 bucks. We have two tracts of land in which one of the tracts our doe population is way down. That tract is going to be buck only next year. In my opinion the state is listening to the insurance industry instead of the hunters. That why they want to increase the doe limit.

Deerhunter75

Randy

Let's just not even have a limit. Everybody shoot what they want to when they want to how they want to with what they want to. Let's make it easy so we can get more people involved. The majority of the hnters want more deer so my guess is it will go up again anyway.

MCBUCK

Most clubs do control their own limits (ie:low doe harvest one buck ) but you need to remember that clubs control only a fraction of the huntable land in the state....the rest is controlled and hunted by the DNR and poachers. Get the limit down and raise the fines for andn illeagal deer IMHO----plus go to 5 does 2 bucks. :type:

SlipperyHill Mo

Does not matter

As has been said many times before, raising the doe limit will have an almost negligible effect on the deer numbers. Probably less than 2% on total numbers.

We need to manage the herd ourselves.

Whitefeather

Management Material
It is too high the way it is now. I know a lot of people are saying just because the limit is 12 we don't have to kill 12. Part of being a true sportsman is leaving some to hunt later. That being said, there are more people out there that are going to kill their limit and then some and use that as a bragging tool. These are the people that are killing the ones you let walk. These are not the same kind of people that visit this site or others. There is no way the state can implement the same limit statewide. The limit needs to be adjusted to specific regions. They need to be higher in areas with higher populations and lower in areas with lower populations. It is widely known that some of us are coming off a below average season. Maybe it's a number of things, but I know the numbers are not there. I live in what used to be a Mecca for deer and now they are gone. I work in Fayette Co. and see deer every where at any time of day. I attribute this to little or no hunting pressure. Maybe areas with high hunting pressure should have a lower limit than areas that recieve little or no hunting pressure. Just a thought.

csgreen1

It keeps going up because alot of hunters are not shooting but 1 or 2 so they are wanting the others to take up the slack.I have killed 18 over the last two years and could have killed alot more but thats all i want to drag out and clean.We have way to many does up my way(north west ga.) so i say shoot more im doing my part.