I just moved to Georgia.:)
Got my place to live.:)
Got my Drivers License.:)
Got my GA License Plates on car
Got my Georgia car title.:)
Got both my home and Car Insured.:)
Got registeded to VOTE.:)
So I went to get a Hunting and Fishing License.:banginghe
(I had a FREE, Florida Sportsman - Permenent 100%Disabled Veteran.)
I would have to wait a year to get that. :( (What sence does that make.)
Said to myself. The heck with it. I will just buy a life time License. (I am 60 years old. So that would not cost too much. Nope, could not do that till after one year.:(
So I was going to get just a one year Fishing license. Nope could not do that. I was told that for at least 90 days, I would have to get a NON-Resident License. :(
Not willing to do that. So I sit and wait.:cry:
(Oh. bye the way. A full time college student does not have to wait the 90 days. Isn't that special. A 100% service connected Disabled Vietnam Veteran must wait, but not a 18 year old out of state College student!:mad: )

Last edited:

Retro Eagle

Illegal

Yea. Would that (buying a Non Resident License) not be a LIE?!?! How could I Not be a Resident?
Game Warden would probably come give me fine after I buy one.

Retro Eagle

That info was from the ON LINE site.
I filled out all the info. Then when I went to get the License, another screen comes up and asks about four questions about how long you have lived in GA and about different catagories you fit in. I foolishly answered Truthfuly. Then a screen pops up offering me a NON Resident License.

lilburnjoe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Go to Wally World and show them your GEORGIA DRIVERS License. You will have no problem getting your fishing license !!

Welcome to Ga. and thank you for your service !!!

Retro Eagle

Thanks!
I thought about that. but now that I have sent all that info to the GA/DNR Online , won't the info I give to Wally World go to them and cause a problem?

Robk

if you didn't complete the transaction then you don't have to worry about it then.

Rob

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
sorry about the problems your having.Thanks for your service.Send sonny a email tell him to put it on his sonnylist.Fish on.

Last edited:

centerc

you can also get a discount pass for state parks 1/2 off I think.At walmart they should not give you any problems 14 dollars per year for your lisc.

chewie1014

Technically - you're not a 'resident' yet.

The issue here is that technically you're not officially a resident of the state (though you live there and have a license). You have to reside in the state for a certain amount of time before you are considered a "resident." This is common in just about every state. I'm facing the same thing right now in North Carolin - except I have to wait 6 months before I qualify for a resident fishing license. Though NC does provide an excemption form that I can fill out if I meet certain requirements.

Taken from the Georgia DNR Fishing Regulations Handbook Page 18 (available here: http://www.georgiawildlife.com/Assets/Documents/fisheries/GAfishing0607_correctedPage5.pdf)
Resident - any citizen of the United States who has maintained a legal residence in Georgia for a period of at least three months prior to purchasing a fishing license.

This applies for a lot of things (college tuition, voting, etc). I think it's to discourage people who take a residence here for a very short period of time who have no intention of staying (i.e. a business consultant rents an apartment short term while he is doing some work in Atlanta and plans to leave when he's finished in 3 months). Not saying I completely agree with it, just letting you know why you're having trouble.

armyman2007

"Send sonny a email tell him to put it on his sonnylist."

:rofl:

Actually I sent Sonny an email last year when they were thinking about cutting funding to stock hybrids/stripers in Clarks Hill and he sent me a very nice letter back. And then I found out that he didn't cut the funds so we got our fish :)

Back to the point - thank you for your service Retro Eagle!

MOTS

I'll take a Vet fishing! When you wanna go? I'm about 50 miles away. I know where plenty of ponds and private lakes are.

Retro Eagle

Thanks to All. I think tomorrow things may get fixed. I just got an email today from GA-DNR. They are sending me the form for the Disabled License. (I will still have to get a letter from the VA to include. But that should not be a problem). The guy said to call him and he would get something arranged!.
So things are looking up!!!!

O

Otis

Go to Wally World and show them your GEORGIA DRIVERS License. You will have no problem getting your fishing license !!

Welcome to Ga. and thank you for your service !!!

Thats my trick. I move around alot with the military and ol' wally world sells me one everytime. Currently licensed in Ga, SC, and FL!:yeah:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
If you have a free permanant disability license in Florida you should qualify for one here, too. They do have a free one for that case.

T

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Where did you get the info about a 90 day waiting period? Never heard of such.
DNR site does not mention it.

http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=7&txtPage=5

Have you tried purchasing one online.

I think someone is feeding you a line.

it's called the law.

27-1-2 (60)
(60) 'Resident' means any citizens of the United States who has been domiciled within the State of Georgia for a period of at least three months. For purposes of issuing or procuring the noncommercial hunting and fishing licenses required by this title, residents shall include full-time military personnel on active duty who list Georgia as their home of record in their official military files or who are stationed at a military base located in Georgia and the dependents of such military personnel.

T

Retro Eagle

Just got off the phone with GA DNR. They are sending me the proper forms for the Free GA Disabled License. They were VERY helpful. So. Thanks to all here and see you on the water!