handloading?

goindeep

i dont know when i turned into an accuracy freak, but i have! this has turned my interest into handloading...i have hunted for over 15 years but i dont know anything about reloading...give a guy some help...what do you need? how do you start? what would it cost?etc, etc...thanks in advance

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Look up Dillon Precision on Google to see the high end stuff. If you have some extra cash and the accuracy bug really has you this is where you will end up. I have an EXL-650 with the automatic case feeder.

DCarter001

The Lee press is great for all phases of reloaders. We started on one and still have it mounted on our bench for ALL our long gun ammo. We use dillons for some handgun loads, but the lee is a classic. It is slow because you have to change dies, but a great set-up.

Pistol_Fan

Loaded 9 mm for years until I traded that pistol. Got a 44 Mag so as soon as I can get some dies I'll load for it.

I currently reload shotgun shells for dove season.

I'm sure I'll miss something but basically you need:

a press and bench to mount it on
dies in your caliber/gauge
a powder scale
bullets or shot
brass or hulls
powder
primers
wads(shotgun)
a place to keep all this stuff (I bought a rolling tool box from sears)

You can add items like a vibratory cleaner for your brass, case length trimmers and others as you need them or want them.

I've got a dillon square deal B which will load up to 357 mag. The 357 Max brass is too long. In hindsight I should've got the 450 as it will load longer handgun and rifle cartridges.

If you only reload sparingly it will take longer to realize the savings over factory ammo.

As for prices, I don't remember what my 9mm stuff ran. I believe I could load 50 rounds for around $5.00 maybe a little less. My shotgun shells are around $4.00 for 25 rounds. It all depends on what components you buy.

Hope this helps