Going Skiing

RCCola

I've been invited by our insurance and bonding agent to go skiing in Mammoth Mountain, CA. There are 15 guys leaving Thursday morning on this trip. They have been getting dumped on this year, so far more than 14 feet of snow. 20" the other day. :clap: :clap:

When I got invited in December, I told my wife who is now less than 6 weeks from giving birth to our second child and her response was, "Well you are going aren't you?" I was shocked. She said if something happens, hop on a plane and come home. Ski slopes, here I come.

We fly into and depart in Reno. If anyone has any tips on what to play, I'll take it. I probably in up on the slots though.

H

HT2

R C......

Have fun brother.....

I've got a buddy that is headed to Park City, Utah on Tuesday for a week of skiing................

He's been tryin' to get me to go for a few years now....

I just don't know...... :huh: :huh: :huh:

Nick_T

Banned
An insurance guy inviting clients to go skiing? Guess he's not involved in your health insurance. I think that skiing is rated top of the list for knee/ankle injuries. Ya'll have fun but PLEASE be careful, once ya blow a knee it's never right again, trust me.

As far as the gambling end, I stick with Blackjack. Your most likely ain't gonna win alot of money at the table but your not going to lose big either.

Nick T

Tom Borck

Banned
HT2 said:
Have fun brother.....

I've got a buddy that is headed to Park City, Utah on Tuesday for a week of skiing................

He's been tryin' to get me to go for a few years now....

I just don't know...... :huh: :huh: :huh:

I have been to Park City! It is a great place!

RCCola, Sounds like you have a very understanding wife! Have fun and enjoy. Don't know anything about Vegas. My brother has been out to Mammoth and he loved it!

RCCola

Tim, you need to go at least one time. Its a blast.

Tom, yes I do have a very good understanding wife.

This will be my 4 ski trip in 5 years.

The first one was to Steamboat Springs. I knew nothing about skiing, so I for sure to take leasons. I highly recommend taking leasons to anyone who has never skied before. I skied the green slopes and attempted a blue. The biggest thing you really need is CONFIDENCE.

The next year we went to Keystone. Took a refresher half day class and skied blues and one black.

Last year the family went to Snowshoe.

SlipperyHill Mo

Headed to Keystone

next month. Just started skiing last year at the age of 50. At 285# was one of the larger skiers on the slope. Took me 2 days of lessons but once it clickedit got it.

RC, you are right , confidence is the key. Bowbender gamblin advice is good for the games to chose. You can usually lose money slowly in those games and have a good time.

HT2, you ought to try it.

H

HT2

R C/ Mo........

I might try it next year....

The thing is this........

I fall and break somethin' I can't work......I can't work......

NO MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a "BAD" THANG!!!!!!!!!!! :hair: :hair: :hair:

dutchman

Nick_T said:
An insurance guy inviting clients to go skiing? Guess he's not involved in your health insurance. I think that skiing is rated top of the list for knee/ankle injuries. Ya'll have fun but PLEASE be careful, once ya blow a knee it's never right again, trust me.

As far as the gambling end, I stick with Blackjack. Your most likely ain't gonna win alot of money at the table but your not going to lose big either.

Nick T

That insurance agent connection seemed funny to me to, Nick.

And Nick's right about the knee thing. Blew my right one out in 1980 and it ain't felt the same since.

GeauxLSU

Have a big time. Just turned down a free week in Mammoth at my sister's place at the resort. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Used to go skiing every year (primarily the resorts in Summit Cnty, CO but also skiied Salt Lake and Lake Tahoe and a little in the east ... NO comparison). Wife blew out her knee back in 94 at Keystone and we've only been twice since. She tried ONCE again and was a nervous wreck (after seeing her rehab I would have been too! :hair: ) and hated it. :(
Maybe next year....
Have fun and stay safe!
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

teethdoc

I just got back from Keystone this week. We had a blast. I sort of raised the bar for Valentines day I guess.

I went to Mammoth last year after the big snow.. 1st day and night there it snowed so hard only the bottom 1/4 of the mountain was open. The next morning it was 2 degrees, sunny, and 36" of fresh powder. It stayed sunny for the next 5 days until we left. I hope you have the same luck with the weather!! You will LOVE Mammoth! Especially if you ski black/double black diamond. Go up the gondola to the top and ski off to the right as you walk out the bldg. go 25 feet, ski down under the gondola. I must have skiied that line 20 times last year! Get up high where there are no crowds.