For those who have been asking

QuakerBoy

Just wanted to update yall on my back condition.

Last friday I went to talk to a Neurosurgeon who said that he does not think I will need surgery.

My main problem is that I have a vertebrae that has shifted out of position. It is my L5 for those who know what that is. ANd it is impinging on a nerve which is giving me the leg pain.

Up until tuesday night, I was making slow but steady progress with my recovery. THe pain was much less severe and has changed to a dull pain rather than a sharp gripping pain and the intensity was much lower.

Unfortunately I had an incident on Tuesday night. After dropping off my wife's car at the dealer for service, I was exiting the building and didn't notice that there was about a 2 inch drop from the door to the parking lot. SO, walking at a steady pace I stepped off and did not hit the ground where I intended to and put a pretty bad jolt on my back and leg. Since then I've been having pretty sever spasm's on and off with very significant pain.

I have pretty much decided that Archery season is not gonna happen this year as I can't walk more than 50 yards without pain. Hopefully another month of therapy will get things straightened out.

Thanks again for everyone's concern.

As you may have noticed I have not been on much lately as they are watching our online time at work and I'm usually pretty busy at home in the eves.

I miss yall.

Take care and thanks for your thoughts and prayers

Al33

Doggon-it Rich,

I hate it for you bud. Will keep you in my prayers.

Just take care, hang tuough, and start getting ready for next year. Better yet, shoot for Febraury so you can come down and kill a pig. :clap:

Al

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Still praying for you Rich - I know the back stuff all too well, and those short, unexpected jolts seem to be the thing that lays me up from time-to-time - Hopefully, you can do the therapy and get that inflammation to subside soon so you can get about the normal (as normal as possible with the condition) routines of life...

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rich

Praying for you Bud and I understand how you feel.

QuakerBoy

Cward. I have not ruled out a chiropractor, but I prefer to do the therapy route for now. My wife works as a nurse on a neurosurgery/neurology floor and has seen enough instances of folks being hurt by chiropractors that I am not real eager to take the plunge.

I do appreciate your input though...thanks

Handgunner

Hate to hear that Rich... Back problems are nothing to take lightly. My dad threw his out of whack by picking up a loaf of bread off the ground wrong. Bent over to pick it up, twisted wrong and he was out for a while.

Take your time on things and try and not overdo something. Don't let pride get in your way. Ask for help when you need it!

Praying for you a quick recovery,

Delton

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Praying for your full recovery Rich.

E

Etter1

"My main problem is that I have a vertebrae out of line."-Submitted by RPaul11

Somehow I doubt that's your main problem. Guy like you probably has a lot bigger problems than that. :D :whip:

John tells me your son looks like the paper boy.

Oh, and sorry bout your back.

QuakerBoy

Etter1 said:
"My main problem is that I have a vertebrae out of line."-Submitted by RPaul11

Somehow I doubt that's your main problem. Guy like you probably has a lot bigger problems than that. :D :whip: .

Well, At least it's one of my problems :banginghe

Etter1 said:
John tells me your son looks like the paper boy. .

what son :speechles

Thanks Etter

I think ::huh: :D

Meriwether Mike

Take care of your self and get well soon. Hope you get in a little hunting time for the therapy of course.

Duff

Rich, hope u get well soon.

I've never had back trouble, to the extent that you have anyway, so I'm not going to say what I would do if I was in your shoes. But I want to tell you a story.

A friend of my family had a baby and the whole process didn't go well. When the baby came home from the hospital she would cry non-stop. She would only sleep 1-2 hours a nite, max. After a week and several trips to the doctor, our friends were worn out, to say the least, but concerned because they knew something was wrong w/the baby and the doctors kept finding nothing.
Out of the blue a friend of their family, that happens to be a chiropractor, calls them up and tells the mother he was told about the baby's troubles and said he could help. Mom was like u, only heard horror stories about chiropractors and was hesitent to let him adjust on the newborn, understandably. But after a couple of more days of seeiing her baby cry nonstop she paid the chiropractor a visit. First thing after checking the baby, he said a#5 vetabra had rotated almost 180 degrees in the baby's neck. When he adjusted the babys neck, Mom said, she could tell the baby felt instant relief. That nite the baby slept 9 hours. It took several more trips to place the veterba in its intended position but it was well worth it. A floating vetabra, I think it was called.
I've never been to a chiropractor myself, so I'm not puttin in a plug for them. Just don't rule them out, altogether. I believe, just like doctors, there are good ones and bad ones and the good ones can help.

My two pennies worth. Get Better Soon
Duff

fasn8nmom

I feel sorry for your wife ;) and you too.
My husband has back problems himself, and we have been through all of the injections, therapy, etc. We felt like you about the Chiropractor thing but we did get a referral from a friend to one. This Chiropractor (The Humber Clinic) DOES NOT pop and crack and bend things that were never meant to do that. He simply puts this thingy on your neck that kinda looks like a jack hammer. It GENTLY gets the job done. They have a web site if your interested.
My husband had 2 bulging disks and the Doc was threating surgery when he went to see this guy. After a couple of weeks he had him back on his feet. Now he goes about every 4-6 weeks. He drives a truck and has to unload therfore he works his back alot.

ramblinrack

hang in there rich. i too have had a world of problems with my back this week as much like you , i took a small mis-step. been seeing the chiro every day at lunch while still workin and even had to lay on the floor on an icepac for twenty min's in the mornin before i even left. been gettin the therapy too with the electrodes and alternating heat and cold pacs. gonna take the week off next week though to try and get this thing fixed as i have a REAL BIG job coming up and then bow-season oct 15. get well soon my friend!