Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Do you hunt with a muzzleloader and will you this year?

• Yes and I've taken a deer with it before!

Votes: 41 43.6%
  • Yes, but I haven't taken a deer yet.

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • I've got one but I don't plan on hunting with it this year.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Don't have one, but I want to get one.

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Don't have one, and have no interest in getting one.

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters

GeauxLSU

Hopefully I'll FINALLY be able to get one with my muzzle loader this year. I've only hunted with it once and never saw anything. Looking forward to it.
Are you?...
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Duramax

shot a doe with mine and let me tell you it leaves a nasty wound. its fun to shoot as well.

Arrow Flinger

I have one and hunted with it for 20 years. Funny thing is that when Ga opened a ML season, I quit using it and stay with the bow. Go figure! ::huh:

BassWorm

Got two the second Sat. morning of muzzleloading season last year. Goes to show that after you shoot one, sit back down for a little bit and see what happens. :)

Bowhunter24

Shot 2 does opening day of muzzleloader last year first time in the woods with one, and then i liked it so much i hunted with it on opening day of rifle and killed a doe that morning also, i love hunting with them, i got mine out and ready to smoke another deer this year :cool:

fredw

Retired Moderator
I've taken a couple of does with mine. They sure are fun to shoot (but not to clean :bounce: ).

Mac

No deer, but a nice cumberland Is. pig.

hope to change that this year with my first BP deer. Freezer is empty and I'm not a great bow hunter.

Also, got two days off during that week with fall break (9th &10th), plan to hit it hard.

Join me phil, we will probably be the only ones on the place.

TurkeyCreek

my wife gave me a T/C hawken for Christmas about 20 years ago and i take it out from time to time. have killed a 7 point and doe with. both were during regular gun season before Ga started a primitive weapons season.

H

HT2

Yes Sir!!!!!!

I got one last year (My T/C Encore .50 Caliber barrel) but didn't take one......

Plan on it this year....

Can't wait...... :clap:

frankwright

I have always enjoyed shooting black powder. I got started a bunch of years ago when five or six of us from work would get together on a guys farm and shoot all day.

I hunted with a muzzleloader during gun season long before there was a season. I have been pretty lucky to take a good number of deer with a muzzleloader.

I have always shot a Hawken style sidelock but two years ago I bought a CVA magbolt with the intention of putting a scope on it. My old eyes have a hard time with open sights anymore, but as you know they have not changed the law yet.

I will be out there this season again. We have several in the club who shoot muzzleloaders and we usually have a good time.

last year i killed my first deer with a muzzleloder and my first hog, and i missed a deer and a hog with it all on the same day im trying to get my pics on here

RThomas

I took my first deer with a muzzleloader. Taken does and few decent bucks with it since. I like to hunt with a muzzleloader almost as much as a bow- almost.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
After 2 years of trying, I still have not taken a shot but do plan on trying the friday the 15th. I generally only hunt with it 1 maybe 2 times per season!

270win

I've killed an 11 pointer and an 8 pointer (my first buck) with my muzzle loader. Hope to do it again this year.

270win