; Georgia Outdoor News Forum - View Single Post - Whats the weirdest thing you have seen or found in the woods while hunting?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 10:24 AM

I was once hunting in a stand up in Tallulah Falls when I heard a loud crash and looked and there was about a 300lb black bear running as fast as he could about 40 yards in front of me. I threw my gun up and was tempted to shoot but I was a good 60 minute walk back on Gov land. But just as soon as I put my gun down 2 squirrels fell out of the tree right in front of me, they were about 25 to 30 foot up. I've seen a squirrel or two fall in my time but the circumstances just made it funny. I guess the bear scared them to death, I don't know.

Another time I was in the wood and seen a wild hawg being chased by a little Jack Russel, then when they came back by the hawg was chasing the dog so I eased the Jack Russel's stress level by putting a 7mm-08 in the hawg.

Also one time had a coon climb my tree while I was hunting. Scared the crap out of me when I felt the tree vibrating, thought a bear was on it lol. In this same spot also had a possum above me one time before day light, scared me when I looked up with my flashlight and he was just staring at me.
Attached Images