Chris Rix is pitaful!!

Arrow3

How many of you watched the Miami/Florida St game tonight??? How can coach Bowden continue to play Chris Rix?? He has shown year after year that he can't handle the pressure...He fumbled 2 or 3 times tonight and threw 2 interceptions...He is a 5th year senior and played like a true freshman....Now, I don;t really care one way or another as FSU goes...I had them picked to win tonight though...I know some of you are FSU fans though....What's going on in Tallahasee??

gabuckeye

As bad as I hate it and hate to say it - Miami owns the Noles like the Gators own the Dawgs! The Noles always manage to give it to the Canes in the end. Different game same story. The good thing is this is only the first game and the Noles still have a chance to win out the season.

If ML Bowen was here I'm sure he would be a happy man. If your reading this ML - Congrats!

Jody Hawk

Dadgummit !!!!!!!

Yeah ole Rix was back to his old self this year. He gave Miami that game.

How 'bout that Antrel Rolle from Miami? That kid can play !!!!!!!

reylamb

Neither team looked all that impressive on offense, and yes Rix looked awful.

As far as why schedule them as your first game? Simple really, if they are your toughest opponent, schedule them first. That way, the team that way the team that looses has all year to regain their position for the national championship. If they played each other last the looser would be out of the hunt.

H

HT2

Brandon......

I agree.....

I think "RIX" is at best an "ADEQUATE" QB.......Nothin' more.......

He's "KING" in Tallahassee though.....

Go figure..... ::huh: ::huh:

Havana Dude

Ht2

Rix is not very popular right now. I think even with the storm coming, the local hardware stores are running short on rope instead of plywood.

H

HT2

Havana Dude.....

Havana Dude said:
Rix is not very popular right now. I think even with the storm coming, the local hardware stores are running short on rope instead of plywood.

I imagine so......

I bet the people of Tallahassee are "fired up" at Rix........ :banginghe :banginghe

pacecars

Just keep him in for the Gator game. We are due and our QB looks good.

doogan

Rix is not solely to blame....

Rix is highly unpopular right now, but there are starting to be rumbles about two particular Bowdens. Although Rix makes poor decisions, he does not make the decision on who plays and who doesn't. Maybe it is time for "Saint Bobby" to be put out to pasture.

gobblinglawyer

Yes. Rix is a product of the media. They have "hyped" him up since his arrival in Tallahassee.

His decision making is very poor (nor does he protect the ball) and he basically lost the game for FSU Friday night.

GO DAWGS!

gafishnut

I'll probably stir the pot way too much with (with all the Dawg fans) this statement but here goes.

I too was surprised when the NCAA scheduled the National Championship Game this early in the season. GO CANES :cool:

Last edited:

SWAMPFOX

I agree...and I am a big FSU fan. Two things in my opinion: Jeff Bowden has got to go. He just ain't a good Offensive Coordinator; Rix is a bad quarterback when under pressure. The reason he looked so impressive in preseason: no pressure.

Here's what the Florida Times Union had in this morning's edition:
"It was one thing to stick with Rix when he was a mistake-prone freshman with a curve for improvement. It is quite another to stick with a mistake-prone senior who no longer has time to improve. There was a time when Rix was FSU's only viable option at the position, but now, with hotshot youngsters in waiting, it no longer makes sense to play him from opening kickoff to the final gun. Rix may be FSU's best chance to win now, but it's time to at least get FSU's next starter some mop-up action. By November, he may be needed for more than that."

doogan

You can blame Rix all you want to, but....

There are coaches that have kept him in the games. Aren't these guys at least somewhat responsible for these losses to Miami? I agree that Rix is a head case and has never been stable under pressure, but one would think that it would not take a competent coaching staff 4 years to determine this. I agree that Jeff Bowden has got to go, but do you really think that Bobby will let that happen?

H

HT2

Dalton....

Good Point bud.....

You are right......

That's all you here in Tallah***e.......RIX this, and RIX that.........He's a legend in his own mind..... :bounce: :bounce:

Hunting Teacher

pacecars said:
Just keep him in for the Gator game. We are due and our QB looks good.
PaceCars,
You forget. Rix only plays bad against GOOD teams. He has no trouble lighting up Floridas weak DB's every year. :D :D
Just kidding! I couldn't agree more about what everyone has said about J. Bowden and Rix.
Teach