Got hit by a drunk driver tonight...

Arrow3

...and he was a little PUNK!!! Me and Hunter Haven were on our way to our bass tournament tonight when we stopped to gas up the boat....Haven put gas in and I was inside buying some drinks...I hear a truck get on the gas just in time to look out to see him run into the side of my truck...He then proceded to leave and I ran out the store after him...He spun out but not before he yelled "elmo you" at me as I was running after him....I got his tag number and called the sherrifs office on the way to the boat ramp....There just happened to be a state patrolman at the boat ramp talking to some of his bass club buddies....I gave him the info and the tag #....He called in and got an address....He left the ramp and we blasted off in the tourney...About 8:45 it came up a major lightning storm and we loaded the boat up...About the same time the trooper pulled back up and said he had got him...The kid wa 19 years old and this was his 3rd DUI....He was charged with hit and run, dui, and driving without license...Its a good thing I didnt catch him in that parking lot....He's gonna get his in the end...The officer said his dad came out of the house drunk himself and wanted my phone #....He didnt give it to him but he said he wanted to just give me some money so I would't turn in into his insurance....I DON'T THINK SO.....Im just thinkful noone got hurt and this trash is off the street...for a while anyway...

By the way we had 3 pretty good keepers in the boat...Wish we could have fished the time out.. :banginghe

Harvester

Glad no one was hurt and they got this crazy, dumb kid off the streets for a while anyway. When he looses his insurance he will probably still be driving. 3 times should be a habitual offense. He needs locked up for a while. Wish I could have only caught 3 fish today.

Buzz

I am glad that you and your buddy were not hurt. Bummer about your truck - but it can be fixed. With this being his 3rd offense (under 21 no less), hit and run, driving without a license - he will be "going away" for a while. Sad thing is they will let him out and he'll do it again one day. Next time he might even kill someone or himself (not that killing himself would be much of a big deal).

SADDADDY

3rd time is a charm

thank god everyone is okay, I hate to here anyone getting hit by a drunk driver :banginghe , well thank goodness for your fast resonse to get his tag number, and he will get the book thrown at him.

19 years old, man what a waste, he will be paying for it for a long time to come, and if he hadn't hit your truck he may have just ran into a family going home for the evening, so you could think of it like you saved someone's life ::;

I hate it for the young man, only if someone would have helped him early on, this may have never happend, well maybe this will wake him up for good :rolleyes:

glad to hear you guys are okay

Woody's Janitor

I'm glad no one got hurt. I'm wondering with the drunken family, who has the insurance? If the elmo punk doesn't have license, he can't or shouldn't have insurance. Good luck with this.

PFDR1

Arrow

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad that you all are ok though. Sounds to me like the Apple didn't fall far from the tree with this kid. :banginghe :banginghe

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
glad you're OK,

and your truck wasn't KO'd, Brandon..............hopefully the kid is done drivin' for SEVERAL years.........

Nugefan

glad no injuries...

the patrolman can do more to him with a pen then we could do him in a few minutes ...it would be nice to smack him around a bit ...can always get another truck ain't no more Arrow3 's...by the way how did the fishin' go ?

Ol' Buckmaster

I'm glad everything worked out but I have 2 questions. Why did he yell "elmo you!" and did he have a mullet?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
At least you were parked and not on the road.

Did you catch any fish?

Jim

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Bowbender I thought that was the law here also. I thought anyone under 21 caught driving with any blood alcohol level lost their right to drive.

H

HT2

Brandon.......

Like I told you last night..........

I'm just glad that "FOOL" didn't really hurt ya bud...........

3 Times!!!!!!!!

What in the **** is wrong with our judicial system??????? :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe

Mrs. Arrow3

Well, ya'll can imagine how I reacted last night when Brandon called me on the way home and told me he'd been hit by a drunk driver...I don't think I breathed until he told me he was ok and hadn't been hurt....Like everyone else, I can't believe this kid was even out on the road, but I thank God that the law has him now, and hopefully will have him for a long time....Brandon was soo angry last night, especially right after it happened, but like I told him, if he would've jumped on the kid and beat him like he wanted to, then he would've been arrested as well, so it all worked out for the best....

GeauxLSU

How sad. Drunk dad. Drunk kid. Probably overdue to kill themselves or someone else. LOST souls... :(
Really glad you weren't hurt Arrow. There are some sorry sorry situations out there. :rolleyes:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Glad you are ok.

1fishinfool

Dustin Pate said:
Bowbender I thought that was the law here also. I thought anyone under 21 caught driving with any blood alcohol level lost their right to drive.

They do, it's a state mandated violation.

Their license is revoked for either 6 months or a year, in other words they can't apply for a workers permit or anything. (unlike a 'suspension')

Duff

Glad everything turned out ok Brandon. Jess, maybe they need to give folks like that kid as much trouble as you've had when getting his license and he wouldn't be on the road

Arrow3

He didnt have a license to begin with....That never stops someone from driving though....Hopefully it will all work out....