Great opening morning !!!!!

Jody Hawk

I got to my stand right at daylight this morning and was pouring sweat from the long walk in. The squirrells were cutting the acorns and they were raining down all under my stand.

I was exhausted from working Thursday night and staying up late last night watching FSU and Miami. I was sitting there just resting my eyes and when I opened them there stands a doe right under me !!!!!!

I went to reach for my bow and my stand creaked and she ran 10 yards and stopped. I go ahead and grab my bow and get ready. She turns and comes back to the tree and all of a sudden she looks straight up at me. I thought then the the game was over.

I never moved a muscle but she turns and walks straight away from me and all I had was a spine shot that I don't take. When she was out at 20 yards she gave me a quartering away shot and I took it.

She bolted and I heard her crash. I trailed her and she only ran 75 yards at the most. My two year bowhunting drought is over !!!!!!

Handgunner

Good deal, Jody! Looks like you'll be having some "backstrap fever" in the words of the 'Nuge. :D

Slasher

uh huh

All right!!!

Woody's Janitor

Congratulations are in order!!

Corndog!!!!!!!..... :clap:

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Good for you Jody

:cool:

Thats the way it goes sometimes, that deer was bound and determined to be yours :clap:

leo

Muygrande

Great Job!!! Congrats!!! :flag:

Snakeman

Way to go Jody!

Sounds like she needed to be removed from the gene pool!

The Snakeman