wind

DanTroop2000

Gone But Not Forgotten
ok stupid question in a place like Flordia what does the ducks and big birds do when the wind blow 120-130 mph I know the little one hide out in unbrush.do the ducks,crows hawks fly to north

Buckbuster

I don't think it's a stupid question. I have been wondering the same thing. I would think a lot of them get killed and some get blown away but do survive. Somebody here should know.

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
I just asked a Brother in law that lives in Pensacola and he don't know. All right FL. Guys let us know.

Ga-Spur

Folks they can fly and thats what they do. When in danger a duck has enough instinct to move out of harms way;like the eye of a hurricane.Most ducks don't fly south until the lakes in the north freeze over.

gabuckeye

I have noticed they begin flying in large numbers usually a day in advance of the storm. They seem to know it's time to get out of dodge. I'm sure not all of them fly away but I have not noticed many dead ones after the storm has passed.

I think they must do like many people in Florida do - go visit relatives in Georgia and Bamer. :bounce:

dbodkin

I agree that they must sense it's on the way... Just like most mammals sense impending bad weather and look to bed down... Our dogs seem to know ... they would rummage around their bedding the day before and usually not come out till the storm passed...