Uh Oh! My wife's birthday is opening day!

Joe Moran

What a bummer!

I didn't realize that opening day was on Sept. 10th this year. That is a real kick in the pants! :cry: :banginghe

She said I could go anyway, but I know that's really code for "You can go, but I'll never forgive you for it."

Randy

It want hurt you to miss her birthday. As a matter of fact it is best to make it a habit. Mine really appreciates if I a happen to remember it!

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
Joe , I think you have a good read on her. They will say just that! Tell you will be home by lunch. :bounce:
If not we will give a good report on the deer.
:cheers:

:flag:

Hoss

Not a problem

Tell her you have something extra special for her this year and then take her hunting with you. Doesn't get much better than that sharing something you think is very special with her.

Might work.

Hoss

Handgunner

You best plan something really, really special sometimes between now and then. :D

Jkidd

I just go ahead... our anniversery is Sept 28th and the last 2 yrs the weekend of it I was hunting lol.. But mine knew before we got hitched that I was hunting before I met her and Ill be hunting if she's ever gone... Well be thinking of you at daylight on Sept 10th when ole mossy horns is standing in front of us :)

Jason

gordylew

My wife's Bday is Oct 26th, How glad I was when the season dates changed. Our anniver. day Is Sept. 1st . I rarely dove hunt so no big deal.

HORTON

Friday night

Maybe you can take her out on Friday night and still hunt on Sat. morning.
Good luck, I too will be thinking about you while I'm watching the sun rise and listening for that ever familiar rustling in the leaves.

Nugefan

my better half came from a hunting family... :cool:
have been out the on opening day the last 21 years hunting on anniversary ... :clap:

but like Delton I try to please her before the season....
thats why God gave me a girl...to shop with the wifey while I hunt... :bounce: :bounce: :cool:

Atlsooner

Joe, my man, I feel your pain! :whip: My wifes birthday is Sept. 9 and she turns the big _0 However, her daughter wants to take her to Disney World for her birthday, just the 2 of them. :banana: They want to do the mother - daughter thing. So, I told my wife, "baby I want to celebrate your birthday with you too since it's your _0th." So she sat me down, and made me understand that it's her daughters birthday present to her, and she just wants the 2 of them to do this. So, I gave in and told her if she's going to fly to Orlando, then I'm going hunting. :clap: She was happy for me and told me good, it will give me something to do while she's gone. :bounce:

GaHunter19

I have a solution. Find a Day Spa. Preferrably one that is a little drive if you live outside Atlanta. 150 bucks should get her a massage, facial, manicure, etc. Schedule it for her in the afternoon. When she goes to get pampered, you go to the woods.