?????? for you video guru's

Just 1 More

My daughter video'd me shooting a hog the other evening. Thru the play back on the camera and on her 13" tv i can play it back and see it very clearly... I can see the shot, the blood spray, everything... My problem is when I try to download the video on my computer.. it loads so dark it's black... no way to see anything,, nothing, no trees, no brush, not even the hog can be seen. Why ?? Anyone know? :confused:

Sony Digital Handi Cam DCR-TRV250 NTSC Digital 8
Loading it on Windows Movie Maker that came with Windows XP (i think)

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
1. Are you still getting sound on the puter?

2. What tye of connection are you using between the puter and camera?

IEEE is what would normally be used. Have never had a problem with mine.

Jim

one_shot_no_mor

Try This...

Open your video using Windows Media Player.
Click "View", then "Enhancements", then "Show Enhancements".
Click the little forward and reverse arrows in the top left-hand corner of the Enhancements Window until you get to "Video".
Slide the bar to raise brightness, then click "Play".

Hope it works...I'd like to see it!
::huh: ::huh:

Just 1 More

JT, I'm connecting with a USb cable and yes, i'm getting good sound.

One Shot,,, i'll have to re-download the video clip and see if I can find what you're suggesting.

Thanks

OK,,, I re downloaded the clip... did the brightness thing and all it did was make the screen white instead of black... still no images but still have sound

I forgot to mention... I plug it in to my TV in the living room and it is almost to dark to see,,, but clear as can be on my dayghters TV :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Not sure, but using the USB may be the problem. When I startedd my camera/puter work I had to buy an IEEE cable, was told the USB would not do what I wanted. They have a different cable for laptops and desktops.

I use a Canon ZR65

Jim

Just 1 More

Ok... here it is,,, after 1hr 20min on the phone with Sony Tech support... i'll try to sum it up as best I can..

My computer is to old and does not have the capability of viewing this particular section of footage because it was shot to late in the afternoon (very close to dark) and was zoomed in to close. My daughters TV and the cam corder can play it back very clearly because both are new and have higher digital image definition ( :confused: )
I can video during daylight and record it back on the computer and view it with no problem.. it's the low light high zoom that takes the resolution that my computer dosn't have the ability to do. :banginghe

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND SUGGESTION,,, I HOPE I DID NOT BOTHER YOU GUYS TO MUCH :clap:

reylamb

Sony is blowing smoke because frankly, they do not know what the problem is. Video levels are video levels, regardless of where the video is playing. White is 80 IRE, and black is 7.5 IRE. While I wholeheartedly agree there is a problem, it is not as Sony described. For what it is worth, true High Definition TV is at a standard that can be played on virtually any PC equipped with an HDTV tuner. The reason I say virtually, some older PCs do not have card slots capable of accepting the HDTV tuners. The Sony cam you are using is not an HD camera.

Yet another reason Sony is a 4 letter word in my house.

reylamb

Do you have a VCR on your old TV that you can EE the video through? Something though just does not make sense from a video technical standpoint. If the video is truely NTSC, then it is limited in resolution as the NTSC standard has been unchanged since the mid 50's and any NTSC TV (basically any color TV made since the 50's) should display the image as it was recorded.
For the PC I would try a IEEE cable as Jim said earlier. USB has been known to cause some problems as it does not have the necessary bandwidth to handle real time video.

Do not blame the Sony techs, they do not know much more than the rest of us, they just have the manuals handy.

Just 1 More

My daughters TV shows the video very clearly... my other TV has issues.
I copied the video from the camera thru her TV on to a VHS tape.. it came out great.
I play it back and can see everything.
I will get a IEEE cable for my computer and see if that helps.

Gone Fishin

I have always used a fire wire and have had no problems making an MPEG. I was loading video on an old 400mHz puter ~3 yrs ago, so I don't think it is you puter.

Timbo

Man, I sure hope you get it worked out. I would like to see it. :type:

Don't know the technical name

But I use a firewire to down load mine. I have no problem. As far as I know with a Canon GL2 you can not used USB except for pictures.