What a game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jody Hawk

Someone tell me how we pulled that one out !!!!!! That Calvin Johnson (Jeff Young's favorite Techie) put on a heck of a performance. This kid is unbelieveable !!!!!!!!!!

TurkeyCreek

Jody....i just could not beelieve it...after they gave up that last long TD run i had about given up...

CJ is awesome...but i was also impressed with reggie's passing...and thomas had some great catches too...

ramblinrack

our boys done good! i would have logged on after the game (hiccup)....but my wife was on the puter! thats my story and i'm stickin to it. my head hurts this mornin....

:confused: :( :eek: :D

ramblinrack

jody....this pic is for you buddy!

H

HT2

Yeah Haw!!!!!!!!!!!

Man - O - Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a dadgum game!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Did someone say that us "TECH" people must be living right????? ::huh:

Last time I looked, "UGA" SQUEAKED by against South Carolina.......

Maybe I'm wrong.....

But, I doubt it...... :p

Double D

Awesome!

Don't know how it happened but it did? I think our offense can make some plays especially with CJ around - hope he stays longer than a few years!

Defense will need to be much improved but that offense is a tough one to totally shut out - LB's must improve!

Way to go Jackets! :clap:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Congratulation Men!

I reckon the Palmeto State is woke up this morning with a much worse hangover than poor ole Louie! :shoot:

:cool:

reylamb

Last time I looked, "UGA" SQUEAKED by against South Carolina.......
Yeah Tim, and Tech blew out Clemson. Let's face it, Tech got lucky, and Tommy Bowdumb is to blame. I simply can not stand the guy. They had the game, all they had to do was gain a 1/2 yard. Obviously, Tommy showed what kind of faith he had in the offensive line.

Jody Hawk

Reylamb,
Everybody wants to talk luck !!!!! What if the refs get the Bilbo catch right in the first half when Tech is driving the ball? That one call killed Tech's momentum in the first half. Tech has to punt the ball and Clemson scored their first TD on the next possession.

Remember, Clemson didn't lose the game on that play. They still had the chance to stop Tech and force O.T.

FootLongDawg

Tech played well in a hostile environment. Rack...Where is the best avatar on Woody's? (And I don't mean the one you are showing now.) :bounce: By the way, if you have not noticed this is the ex-boiledhamdawg. Now going under FootLongDawg.

Buzz

reylamb said:
Yeah Tim, and Tech blew out Clemson. Let's face it, Tech got lucky, and Tommy Bowdumb is to blame. I simply can not stand the guy. They had the game, all they had to do was gain a 1/2 yard. Obviously, Tommy showed what kind of faith he had in the offensive line.

Boy if that isn't a sour grapes post I've never seen one. Of course we didn't blow out Clemson and we were very fortunate to win. I think the only reason Tim mentioned Georgia squeaking by USC is that Georgia is the #3 team in the country and there is an expectation that they could handle USC (easier). We on the other hand were more than a touchdown underdog to a higher ranked team in their house, and we pull out a stunning victory.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame your coach. It started with a STUPID celebration penalty on Clemson that set Tech up on the 49 yard line. That play alone was enough to give Tech a chance and it had nothing to do with Bowdon's coaching. Tech scores quickly then you have Whitehurst sliding instead of running for that last 1/2 yard knowing he would get hit. That first down would have put it away for Clemson. Throw in a smart T.O. by Gailey and the fact you guys couldn't get a 1/2 yard in 2 plays, then you have to punt. Your coach called the right plays but your players have to be able to execute them - not everything is the fault of the coach. The coach cannot get out on the field and do it for you, at some point players have to execute. Give GT a little credit for stiffening up on defense when they had to and having the guts to believe there was still hope when everyone thought it was over.

Sure the snap was a very odd play and a really tough break for Clemson. However, your "D" still had a chance to shut us down with 25 seconds and they simply couldn't do it. Why you guys lined a little man up against a 6'5" stud is puzzling though. Football is a 60 minute game and I think most of your players decided it was over at the 58 minute mark. It's horrible to lose a game like that but perhaps this game will be a lesson to every football team out there that you NEVER give up until the final whistle is blown. This was a game that both GT and Clemson really needed. Both of us have brutal schedules this year and I honestly think this game very well could be difference for both of us whether our teams will go to a bowl game or not.

reylamb

GT, I semi-agree with you on a few things.

First, though, sour grapes is nowhere near the truth. I was simply poking fun at Tim on his comment about the Dawgs squeaking one out, nothing more. Clemson lost because they did not deserve to win, plain and simple.

The celebration penalty is from a lack of discipline, and that falls squarely on the shoulders of the head coach. 2 years ago at UGA Clemson on 3 occassions stopped the Dawgs on 3rd down, only to have 3 personal fouls. I said than, and I will say again, there is no discipline on this team, and that is a reflection of Tommy.

Sure Charlie could have pushed for the extra 1/2 yard, but he did the smart thing and slid. He would have been leveled had he gone any further.

As far a the remainder of that sequence, like I said if a team can not get 18 inches, they do not deserve to win. Definitely credit the Jackets there, but still, go for it on 4th down. I would rather be aggressive and control the ball and the clock than be defensive. Simply by punting you are giving the other team a chance to block the kick, run it back, throw a hail mary or recover a bad snap. You are giving them a chance to win. Muscle up, tighten down and push the ball that 18 inches and Tech has no chance.

Someone somewhere, either on the sidelines or up in the box should have said, hey look at that mismatch over there, I wonder where the ball is going. A TO should have been called nd a better defensive call should have been placed.

Anytime this Clemson team must rely on their defense to win a game it is a loosing proposition. Tommy focuses on recruiting the best offensive players he can get and takes whatever falls in his lap on defense.

Finally, let me say this. Congrats to the Jackets, they showed a lot of heart, and deserved to win. They came prepared and did not quit, and deserved to win because of it. Chan outcoached bowdumb, and my hat is off to him.

H

HT2

Rey.....

Oh, No question about it.....

Both "TECH" and "UGA" were fortunate to win.........

I would agree with you on that.....

The difference is this......"UGA" was favored in their game......"TECH" wasn't........That's all that I was sayin'...... ;)