Have you ever ate rattlesnake?

Handgunner

My cousin killed a timber rattler today and cooked it up. I told him I'd heard that you just fry it. Soak it in milk, flour it like chicken or cubed steak and fry it. He hasn't called me to report in since his experiment so I guess it went good.

Have you ever ate it? And how was it prepared?

Jeff Raines

yeah Delton I've eaten rattlesnake.It was marinated(don't know in what sauce)and cooked on the grill.

It was very good,tasted just like rattlesnake :bounce:

gabuckeye

Had it once when I was young. It was prepared by dipping it in milk, flour and then deep fried. I can't say I was impressed or I would have had it again. I have seen it cooked several times in camp but there was always something better to eat so I passed I like to eat as several of my friends on here like to mention!

LKennamer

It's not bad

If it's cooked right, it's pretty good, but don't cook it in your house! It has a pretty strong smell when cooked and it will linger a while. It's not really bad, but I don't like smelling what I cooked for dinner after a couple of days! Soaking the meat in milk overnight seems to make it better in my opinion, although it's been some years since I've gone to the trouble.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I had it on a sammage when I was a kid. No idea how it was prepared.

Jim

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
While I lived in Cuthbert, it was regular fare due toi the fact they were easy to come by and we were broke college kids.

We salted & peppered it & grilled it.

Of course we were hungry young men. We even ate the occasional chipmunk. :shoot:

Agman

Me and my friend killed one at around age 14, cooked it up in moms kitchen. Can not remember how it tasted but do recall the trouble i got into. :(

Sometime I have to tell you about the skunk I picked up on the side of the road and tried to skin out on my pool patio. Big trouble at a young age

TJay

Yeah, we ate one at camp one day. Skinned it and cut it into sections and grilled it. Tasted just like snake. Maybe the fire wasn't hot enough.

Handgunner

Agman,

By far, that is the funniest Avatar I've seen to date. :clap:

Ok, what does snake taste like? And if any of you say "chicken" I'm gonna email you a slap. :D

I figure it to be about like gator tail maybe? texture and all? I guess the only sure way to find out is cook one up. So the next one I see I'll give it a try I suppose.

REDBONE

Snake And Shake

Ate some in a resturant in New Mexico few years back and it was good. It was served like a fried, thin, salmon patty.

stumpman

Banned
yes its not bad taste like rattlesnake or chicken with not much meat on the bone fried it like fish and gave some friends some and told them it was catfish they ate it and liked it then one of them said they hadnt seen any catfish with a rib cage like that its not bad.

H

HT2

Delton.....

Cooked it......"YES"!!!!!!!!

Ate it......."NO WAY"!!!!!!!!!!!

I cooked some for a friend of mine......I just battered it in corn meal and sunk it in the grease......

YUCK!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

short stop

usually I smoke mine ----with what ever gun is in my hand at the time :bounce: They dont even taste like chicken if the bullet is travling > than 1300fps :eek: -- TRY IT SOME TIME ITS FINGER LICKIN GOOD . SS

sr.corndog

eatin rattlesnake

deep fried taste like chicken hard to find the drumstick! Ate mine at rattlesnake round up in wiggum ga. :flag:

Handgunner

usually I smoke mine ----with what ever gun is in my hand at the time They dont even taste like chicken if the bullet is travling > than 1300fps -- TRY IT SOME TIME ITS FINGER LICKIN GOOD . SS

:bounce: :bounce:

dbodkin

No and never will... No snake, no gator, no reptiles, no snails or bugs of any such kind... I hate to watch them eat all that trash on Fear Factor.. yuck :eek:

mockingbird

Back in the eighties, an old girlfriend who was working on Sapelo Island came home with a six-footer in the icechest. Being half-drunk college students, we cleaned it (chunking the upper third), cut it into steaks, coated it with meal and s&p and deep-fryed it. It was awesome! A couple years ago I came upon a freshly killed rattler and decided to try it again. When I got it home, though, I realized it stunk like a filthy rat's nest and I put it in the trash! I don't know if it was this particular snake or a seasonal thing or what, but if I ever come upon a another "sweet-smellin" Mr. No-shoulders-- he's in the grease!