Talbot County

Ramey Jackson

Okay guys, I thought that I'd start our thread again. Hopefully we can keep each other updated on the hunting conditions in our county. I'll check back in on Monday. Hopefully I'll have a pic of a double lunger to post! :D

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
Good Deal RAMEY... good luck.. I hope our roads and plots didnt wash away.. Guess Ill know soon enough.

Toliver

What club are you guys in down there?

Toliver

I used to hunt in Talbot County. But TMooney got out of hand and I had to flee for my life and haven't hunted down there in about 7 years.

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
ARROWHEAD hunt club... Were bout 3-4 miles outside of Woodland..Turn by Chapmans and take the road behind it till ya run into a dirt road. Take the first left then go about a mile and were on both sides of the road..Where you located Toliver?

Toliver

I have property in Taliaferro County. I grew up hunting in Talbot though. Started hunting at age 7 and hunted there til about 7 years ago. I used to belong to the Kennesaw Bushwhackers. That's where I met TMooney and watched him grow up.

Ramey Jackson

Browning - Your club butts up to mine. Stay straight on Bonnie Rd. and we are on both sides.

Toliver - Is Kennesaw Bushmasters camp off of 116?

Toliver

Toliver - Is Kennesaw Bushmasters camp off of 116?

The Kennesaw Bushwhackers' camp is just in the edge of Talbotton off 41. Turn back to the left just after entering town and passing the elementary school. Most of their property lies inbetween 90 and 208.

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
Ramey, yea I know where yall are at. My dad and I thought about joining Whiteoak several years back because our road gets nasty when it rains..How long have yall been there? I think this will be our 12th year. somewhere around that.The first several years the hunting was great, then it died off for a while but since they cut our land it has returned full strength...

Ramey Jackson

Browning - This is my eleventh year. The hunting is a lot diffenent than it was back then. We have been trying to get our buck/doe population stabalized for a decade. The past three years have been incredible. Instead of seeing 10-15 does and small bucks a sitting, you see less deer. In fact, I saw way more bucks than does last year. We actually have a "RUT" now. We are killing an average of 13 quality bucks per year. Most of those deer are at least 3 1/2 years of age. We also hunt 25 people on 3000 acres. Which helps on minimizing pressure on the heard.

Anyway, you should come by the camp some time. We've always got a light on!

pidget

talbot county rut

when is the rut gonna be due this year in talbot? last yeatr they were running does opening week-end after the full moon. if anyone has an idea for this year i would like to here it, thanks

Deano

Hey browning 7wsm I hunted in arrowhead hunting club about 8 years ago
I grew up hunting there .I now hunt down the road in talbotton . I might stop buy and see you guys this season, since I'am back in talbot now

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
Dean Haught? Is that you... If it is this is David.. Come on by one day and see us...

Last edited:

sgsjr

Banned
Talbot County rut is all over November 16th every year.
Good hunting for two weeks either side of this date.

Well I changed my name a little from huntin heel. Where is ICS and danny? Any reports on how the rain affected food plots at all in Talbot? I am going to check mine this weekend and I am prepared for the worst.

leoparddog

Walking the roads around WhiteOak this weekend, I don't think a single acorn survived the bad weather. I've never seen so many littering the ground. I don't know what the early (and nearly complete) acord drop portends but hopefully the food plots survived the nearly 6" of rain.

Ramey, did you get a chance to scope out any of our plots?