View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbzdually View Post
One thing to make note of is which side of the pole you want the light if you go LED. After the guy crashed out on New Year's Eve, he hit the streetlight, so the power company replaced it with LED. Because the light is so small compared to the old light, if it was mounted on one side of the pole, there was a huge shadow on the other side and very dark.
The city of Augusta replaced most all of their street lights during the past year or so. In this process, they installed the newer more energy efficient LED lights. Well it is bright white in an area right underneath the street light BUT if you move away from it about 10-15 yards, you better have a flashlight because it gets dark really quickly. It seems as if this newer type light is directed much more straight down. With the old style light on the pole across the street, it was directed more outward and previously lit up my yard great but now it is mostly dark instead.

It cost the citizens of Augusta much more money when they changed over, AND NOW they already want to double the rate of which was just increased less than one year ago BECAUSE THEY SAY THAT THE CITY IS LOSING MONEY ON THIS ENDEAVOR. OF COURSE, WE HAVE A BUNCH OF THIEVES RUNNING AUGUSTA BECAUSE THE FOXES ARE ALWAYS WATCHING THE HEN HOUSES AND HAVE THEIR HANDS HELD OUT FOR MORE BRIBES !!! IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY AND NIGHT IN THIS CITY JUST LIKE CLOCKWORK TOO. OF COURSE, THOSE THIEVES DON'T WANT THE LIGHTS TO BE TOO BRIGHT BECAUSE IT MIGHT SHOW THEM ON THE PROWL GETTING PAYOFFS.