What do you think this one will Score??

nchunter

i would guess 185

Bow Only

I see about an inch of deduction in G-1's and some deducts on G-2's as well. Mass throughout the tines helps him look great, but doesn't help his overall score. I might have misjudged him on the low side by a few inches, but he'd be hard pressed to score 180. Grossing 180 and scoring 180 are two different things. God bless America, and Illinois too.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
I'd guess 175-180 gross. Nice set of brow tines

H

HT2

HuntCam.....

Who cares?????

Just "SHOOT HIM"!!!!!!!!

Score it after he's expired!!!!!!!! :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Ht2..

You're right...Who really cares what he'll score. ::huh: He's massive.
Its fun to see how folks see these monster bucks differently, in terms of what they would score. He's the largest typical 8 pointer I've ever seen (photo that is), and may be sneaking up on world record status in that catagory!

BowHuntNut

the wild outdoors

Saw this deer on The Wild Outdoors, he was filmed last year on a hunt. They passed him up because the land owner said he needed another year. They said he would score in the mid 180's.

BowHuntNut

You're exactly right. One of Jay's camera guys videoed this buck for about 12 mins and no one took a shot. I'm headed up to that location the first week in Nov. in hopes of seeing the monster whitetail in catching him on tape. I know the odds are against me seeing him, but we won't know until we try ::;
BTW--It wasnt the landowner that told them not to shoot him. It was the property manager who is not longer employed there!!

Last edited:

spongebob

Jeff Phillips said:
Scoring:
Inside spread = 23
Beams at 25" =50
G1's at 8" = 16
G2's at 12" & 10" = 22
G3's at 10" = 20
5" 1st circ = 10
6 more circ at 4" = 24

Gross score = 165

He's a massive deer but without G4's it's tough to make book. I may be off an inch here or there, but he'll have a hard time hitting 190. ;)

Until you add the OUTSIDE SPREAD....oops, better make it 190+. What a deer! :D

Jeff Phillips

spongebob said:
Until you add the OUTSIDE SPREAD....oops, better make it 190+. What a deer! :D

You do not add the outside spread to the score. There is a place on the sheet to record it, but it is not added into the score.

It is a GREAT deer!

Boyd Green

I saw that deer on the Wild Outdoors TV show

The cameraman was hunting and that buck walked out and walked directly under his stand.

The problem was that the Ranch manager asked that if he saw that buck to pass him up!!!! He said that the deer was 3 1/2 and wanted to give him another year of two.

They mentioned that the deer would score over 180 as an eight point :eek:

O

OFD2Truck

He would score alot! If I'm not mistaken, a big 8 was shot in Michigan that looked very similar. I read that he scored around 160 but the spread looks wider on this buck. Like mentioned earlier, if he was a 10pt. I could see him easily scoring over 180. Just a massive majestic animal!