Pull Behind ATV Rotary Mower

JeffG

Anyone had experience with those "Bush Hogs" you pull behind an ATV? A friend wants to use one in the mountains because he is nervous about using his normal tractor driven bush hog for fear of turning over. I thought I'd get some feedback from you folks for him. Anyone use one? Do they work well?

Thanks for any help you folks have to offer!
Jeff

gadeerwoman

BSK has the trail cutter mower and I think he's been very pleased with it. I know he suggested going with the trail cutter and not the brush cutter. Think it's the DR brand.

Jkidd

I have one and I like using it for the most part. You need a water cooled 4 wheeler 400 or bigger cause it puts a big ole strain on the engine. You have to mow in first or 2nd gear. Can heat a the engine up real hot. Good to get back in the stuff that the tractor cant get to.

Jason

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
They will ruin a small 4 wheeler as was said. Be sure you got enough 4 wheeler to handle it.

Snakeman

The mowers work well. We use one at work and pull it with a Kawasaki Mule. However, if he is afraid of turning a tractor over, he'll have the same problem with a 4-wheeler pulling a mower. If you're mowing on a slope, that mower will slide sideways and drag the 4-wheeler with it.

The Snakeman

spongebob

I have found the smaller implements work ok on the flats but not on the slopes...and if you try to disc the hard clay of the mountains with a little 4 wheeler disc you can consider it a waste of time.... :)