I'll break the ice

BassWorm

:) How many have seen a Black Panther while deer hunting or know someone who has??

spongebob

I have a good (true) story of one such incident that happened when I lived in South Carolina. Let's catch up at the camp over some of that blackberry wine....

stumpman

Banned
acording to the game commision no one has they dont exist call and ask themthey say just black leopards in africa is what they told me but i know people that swear they have seen them around here.

Muygrande

I grew up in Ocala FL and my dad's had them run across the road in front of him. He said it was Black.

My buddy chad and I saw one in Marion Oaks Subdivision while hunting birds before it was developed. It was real dark tan.

Then the Game Commission was called by a lady that lived in Marion oaks because one tried to attack her she said! Turns out they founs 3 kittens 50 yards out of her backyard. Never heard the color of them. I can tell you this there's more than the 25 left in the wild that they claim!!!
Have seen the tracks on a piece of property in Andersonville along the Flint river near my dad's that is called the 170 Club some of you may have heard of it. And we have heard them on the Plantation I used to train at, 5 miles from there.

Yes they are here in GA now. Not sure if that one is black cause we hadn't seen him/her.

shootpse

Banned
panther

i think this is one of those urban legends like you always hear about but never really see!!!! so here is my 2 cents worth my brother was hunting turkeys 2 years ago on a wma up here in northern indiana when he seen somthing large and black cross the road in front of him so he cut back around to a old railroad right of way and got the creature on video about a 150 yards away you can tell it is something big black and cat shaped but what it was we never seen it again in over 2 years alot of other reports about the same thing have been heard about in the area to this day!!!!!

BassWorm

Urban Legends

You mean like where the guy fell off waterskis and started screaming and was dead by the time they got to him. He had fallen into a bed of water moccasins. ;)

WildBuck

My boss saw one this past turkey season but the DNR disagreed with him.They don't exist according to them.

H

HT2

Bass........

THERE AIN'T NO BLACK PATHERS IN GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jay sullivent

my dad says he saw a black cat on savannah river site (SRS) that had 2 little ones following behind it. he tried to report it to different agencies within the site but no one was interested or didn't believe, except one secretary that my dad was asking who he should report it to. when he told her what he saw she started screaming to her coworkers in her office "i told ya'll i saw a black cat!!" evidently none of her coworkers believed her when she told them. he described to me what sounded like a bobcat with a short tail and points on it's ears. i do not believe there are black panthers around here.

ramblinrack

HT2 said:
THERE AIN'T NO BLACK PATHERS IN GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
R 2....i swear, i hope one slips up behind you and bites you right on the butt.

:bounce: ::; :rofl:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Do some research

No such thing as a black panther, but there are black leopards.
Research a cat called Jagarundi. Spelling may not be correct, but they are a panther looking cat that can range from tan to almost black in color. Some have escaped in Florida over the years during bad weather such as hurricanes. In fact Florida Wildlife Magazine had an article about them many years ago. I probably have the copy somewhere packed up as I kept a lot of those old issues. You don't need worry about them though, the black Kodiak Bears keeps them run off. :rofl:

letsgohuntin

I saw one...

I thought I did once, but I think it was just a regular panther... or it might have been more like a bobcat cause it was a smaller type cat. Now that I think about it was about the size of a coon, so it may have just been a coon in the bushes. But it was hopping around digging in the leaves like a squirell, so it coulda' just been a squirell... but I'll never forget seeing such a magnificient animal. :p

We hunt down in the river swamp a lot, and we generally see about three black panthers every deer season.

I saw one during bow season this year that was slipping along through some privet when all of a sudden an elephant appeared, squashed him and ate him.

Man, crazy things happen in Georgia.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Black Panther?

Last person that told me about seeing a black panther couldn't remember what he was drinking. So I ask him how he remembered a cat. There are dark mutations in bobcats, combine that with a damp day at dusk or early morning and you have a black panther sighting. When a bobcat is caught in the open he will run, then make an enormous jump into the thick. When he jumps it's normal for the bobcat to extend his back legs up and straight behind him. Leaving some folks believing they saw a long tail. Anybody seen any roadkills lately? Neither have I, :) Case closed...