Anybody crappie fishing?

Jody Hawk

Not hearing much out of the crappie fishermen. Arrow3 talked to some fellers the other day when we were going rabbit hunting and they said that they caught some nice ones the night before under the Swords bridge. This time last year we caught some nice ones at Oconee. I had one that went 2 lbs. 4 oz. I haven't been yet but plan on getting the boat ready soon.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I have been a few times, Weathers been to nice not to go. I have been fishing mostly Lake Tobosofkee and Blackshear. I have put a few fish in the boat, mainly spider rigging using jigs, nothing big yet just catching 15-20 per trip. Going to give Sinclair a try on Tuesday when I get back from fishing in the Gulf. I hope it cools back down to near normal tempertures, cause if it don't the specks will be spawned out by March.

specialk

i have to wait till rabbit season goes out before i will hunt/fish for anything else.....

How2fish

My brother called me last night he lives on a 30 acre lake in Walton co says they are starting to catch a good many and the fella across the lake from him caught a real big one Sat.

jkp

I'll let you know, if all goes as planned I will be at westpoint to do a little crappie fishing on Saturday. Hope the mud settles a little bit by then, and the wind lays down.
J

DeucesWild

Jody,
Do you fish mostly at Oconee? I do a good bit there but gonna try Russel and Clark Hill this year some. It get's a little crowded at Oconee when the word get's out that their biting!

Whitefeather

Management Material
We went this past Saturday afternoon. We fished Yellowjacket Creek around the first buoy marker above Beech Creek over some brush piles. We caught about 25 in about 3 hours but they were all dinks except for 3 or 4. We caught them on black and blue or brown fire tiger Hal Flies in about 13 to 15 ft. of water. Water temps. was 54 to 56 degrees and had just the right amount of stain. It was very overcast that day with no wind.
Good Luck to all and leave a few for seed.

LJay

Retired Mod
Call me Jody, I'll come help get the boat ready!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

SmokyMtnSmoke

I've not been on the water yet but watching the weather for an openeing. But over the past few weeks I've notice that Target has been clearancing out their Storm Wildeye Swim Shad (4th one down) in several colors in the 2-3" length for $1.98 a six pack.

Happy bargain hunting! :cheers:

new_wildeye_lg.jpg

cjbullet

I've been fishing weiss on the 23 & 24 caught 30 after the rain monday and around 50 yesterday. Not alot of biguns but some around a 1 lb to 1.5lb.

StriperAddict

Lanier in Feb.

I plan on trying Lake Lanier around the next full moon in February... when everyone else will too! If the docks are that bad I'll change and go for them stripers :bounce:

specialk said:
i have to wait till rabbit season goes out before i will hunt/fish for anything else.....
Hey specialk, with an avatar pic like yours, don't you mean wabbit season??

:)

Dupree

I have been out to Paradise Pfa a few times in the last week and I'm starting to catch a few small ones. It will be a few weeks before we start catching too much.

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Do you of y'all fish Lake Walter F. George? If so, let me know how you do, please! I'll be glad to quote ya in my column, if you want!

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Don't forget about the SlabFest this weekend at Lake Blackshear! Smitty can tell you more about it. He's posted some good information on a thread.

gabowman

Last Saturday night was my first trip of the year. Caught 26 in 3 and 1/2 hrs....biggest was 1 and 1/2 lbs. I plan on going back to Russell again this Saturday night if the rain holds off like they're predicting.

gabowman

Fished from 6:30PM to 9 PM today. Caught 18, with a few in the 1 to 1 & 1/4 lb range. Wished it hadnt been a work day tomorrow so I coulda stayed longer but atleast I know what I will be eating come Friday night! ;) :D