screen name ice breaker...

irishleprechaun

Since things are about to get heated with the SEC race starting up I thought it might be some fun to find out about some of these screen names...

Brownceluse, chadair, blacksmoke, thanatos, madsnooker, lanierspots, muddfoots...just to name a few...what do these names mean or how did you come up with them?

Some are a little more obvious but let's hear all about them...

I'll go first.

Irishleprechaun is not because I am some closet notre dame fan (as many originally thought when I joined the board). It is because I was in Ireland when I joined the board. I was over there on a job assignment. I decided to keep it when I moved back over, unlike proside who has had about 8 different screen names.:D

LanierSpots

LanierSpots is my business name. I am a full time fishing guide on Lake Lanier and have been for 12 years. I guide for spotted bass and teach people fishing techniques and spots... So, I came up with the name LanierSpots.

WDE !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

sandhillmike

Gone but not forgotten
I live in the sandhills region of Florida, actually the original dune line from when it emerged from the ocean, and my name is Mike. :biggrin2:

jmar28

mine is sort of cheesy :bounce:

j= first letter of my first name Josh
mar= first 3 letters of last name Martin
28= I was 28 yrs old when I joined

cheesy huh?

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Initials of my name, Bama born, and 3 is the license plate designation for Montgomery.

brownceluse

Mine came from an episode of cops. This Black guy had gotten in a fight and gotten worked over pretty good. He had a nasty looking sore on his leg and the cop asked did that come from the fight. The guy told the cop no that a BROWNCELUSE had bitten him! The cop asked him again what had bittten him and again he said a BROWNCELUSE DONE BITE ME. When the other officers pulled up the cop told the guy to tell them what had bitten him. It was hillarious. That dude just kept saying over and over THAT BROWNCELUSE DONE BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Resica

Mine is a Boy Scout Reservation in the Poconos we used to hunt deer and bear at before we built a camp in the center of the state.

LittleHolder

Mine came from an episode of cops. This Black guy had gotten in a fight and gotten worked over pretty good. He had a nasty looking sore on his leg and the cop asked did that come from the fight. The guy told the cop no that a BROWNCELUSE had bitten him! The cop asked him again what had bittten him and again he said a BROWNCELUSE DONE BITE ME. When the other officers pulled up the cop told the guy to tell them what had bitten him. It was hillarious. That dude just kept saying over and over THAT BROWNCELUSE DONE BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Lord that is a good one.

LittleHolder

My name is reference to my older brother, Tommy Holder. I am six years younger. Growing up little league coaches and hunters alike expected me to be as good as him. I was never as good but always known as Little Holder. I lost Tommy to cancer two years ago. This is the hardest time of the year for me. He started taking me dove hunting when I was 10. Love your family folks, everyday! Sorry, didn't mean to put a damper on the thread. Good idea, interesting to see how people come up with their names!

irishleprechaun

My name is reference to my older brother, Tommy Holder. I am six years younger. Growing up little league coaches and hunters alike expected me to be as good as him. I was never as good but always known as Little Holder. I lost Tommy to cancer two years ago. This is the hardest time of the year for me. He started taking me dove hunting when I was 10. Love your family folks, everyday! Sorry, didn't mean to put a damper on the thread. Good idea, interesting to see how people come up with their names!

Good advice right there...sorry for your loss.

yellowduckdog

Names

I have raised & trained one yellow lab & have a different yellow now. I also hunt ducks so Yellow Duck Dog:bounce:

kracker

Gone, but not Forgotten
Mine is the same on the few boards I'm on. I was listening to a Cracker cd when I joined the first one, cracker wasn't available so I changed it to kracker.

DSGB

Down
South
Georgia
Boy

j_seph

Just
_
Shush
Everyone
Please
Hush
This could be how I got my name
but actually my real name is Joseph and I lost the o somewhere

GAranger1403

Occupation & badgenumber

Georgia Hard Hunter

Mine was hung on me by members of our hunting lease in south Fulton Co. I can be on the stand in 30 minutes from work so I frequently hunt every evening. I pulled into camp after hunting on a Saturday evening and took some razing because "I'm always on the property" the Great "Georgia Hard Hunter" nickmane came from that. Of course I was just divorced then and could hunt every day, I'm remarried now and she won't let me hunt as much as I'd like to.