Do you have a place to hunt this year??

Do you have somewhere to deer hunt this year?

• Yes I do, public land

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Yes I do, private land

Votes: 66 83.5%
  • No I don't but I will very soon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I don't so I am taking up knitting this fall

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters

Woodsong

Knowing that land available for hunting is getting harder and harder to find, let's do a poll! Do you have a place to hunt this year, or are you out of luck???

C

CARVER

land

have plany of places, and i get to share it with lots of other hunters
(public land) ::gone: at least i don't get lonley :D

DanSmith

Banned
we have verry good public land around the house ..

BUT it seems that folks from all over comes to help us out killing our game.. So i eather hunt my land or my lease .. IF those other guys would stay away I could save lease fees!!! :bounce:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
yup...........

3 different areas.............2 in Oglethorpe County, and my own farm in Madison County. :flag:

leadoff

GONetwork Member
Good old Taylor County farmland! :)

CharlesH

private land

private family land and a club

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
I lease 80 acres in Clayton County and have access to about the same acerage in Spalding County.

BowArrow

Fort Stewart--------280,000 acre's

Club 8 miles from house Bulloch Co.------1,000 acre's

Son-in-Law's family farm Jenkins/Bulloch Co.------1,000 acre's

Friend's land in Candler Co.------900 acre's

short stop

stuck in moran co . good ole private land --no clubs -- and no people . It does have its draw backs --- no friends allowed or else :shoot: goodbye ----thats why I hit the public land HONEY HOLES . I can camp with friends and have a really good time . I can honestly say that I have seen big bucks in both places every yr .contrary to most opinions ,if you hunt the public land on a quota hunt you got a chance at some awsome bucks in GA for under $20 bucks

Condor

No lack of hunting land

I don't think there is a shortage of good hunting land, I believe that the prices are going up so fast especially near Atlanta that alot of people are just quitting deer hunting altoghether. I know 5 or 6 guys that have just quit in the last year or 2. From what I can see on the Leases section there are plenty of places to get in good clubs if one is willing to spend the money. For example I hunt on 1283 acres in Heard county with 4 miles of Chattahoochee river frontage, privately owned and we are still looking for a few more members. The dues on this tract are $550/year. Several years ago this same tract had dues in the $350 - 400 range. If we were still at this level we would be sold out. In another couple of years, the average club will probally be at the $700 - 800 range which will further diminish the number of people hunting in the state.

jeepguru

Plenty

Washington County-925ac hunting club first year

Gwinnett-17ac on Lake Lanier aka my honey hole and best shot at a P&Y, where my only deer on the wall came from

Gwinnett-80ac strip behind a subdivision I have permission to hunt, jumped a buck 1st time I went over there two weeks ago.

Hall-small farm with some deer but never anything big. I hunt this during the rut only because the does stay on the farm and rutting bucks travel between farms looking for does

Hall-Don Carter State Park, archery only by boat

Hall-Allen Creek WMA, 3 miles from my house

Banks-Wilson Shoals WMA, 18 miles from my house

Paulding-80ac bordering Paulding Forest

And a few invites by other friends.

My trick is to help out landowners during the summer in return for hunting in the fall. The 17ac Gwin. county tract belongs to an elderly woman who can't get things done round her small farm any more. I cut and stack firewood, run her tractor, and do other general matainence in exchange for 3 or so hunts when the conditions are just right. The way I see it I'm leasing 3 days worth of hunting for 3 days worth of hard work and it always pays off. So get to work to find your hunting land. Justin

dbodkin

All of Georgia... at least all WMA's. Private land in PA.

mpowell

hunt mostly private, but i'll probably do WMA

last year i hunted one WMA. hope to do the same this year if not more. a friend of mine likes to bow hunt tuckahoe. i'm going to try to go there this year with him if his work schedule will allow.

horsecreek

got my 100acres in telfair. wish I was able to keep the 300 next to it but had to sub lease it due to money problems.