Which one would you shoot??????????

H

HT2

Alright how bout this one........

Here it is the last day of the year.........You have no meat in the freezer and you want some......

You are hunting in a Non-QDM county.........And, you've taken serveral decent bucks in your hunting lifetime.....

It's approx. 15 minutes prior to dark.......All of a sudden a doe(approx. weight - 125 lbs) and a 8-pointer (2.5 year old deer with an approx. 14-15 inch spread. approx. weight 150 lbs.) walk out into the open, giving you a "CHOICE" of which deer to take.......

WHICH ONE DO YOU TAKE???????? ::huh: ::huh:

QuakerBoy

Doe. You are only looking at a difference of about 5-10 lbs of meat.

now if the buck were 200 lbs I might choose differently

S.Dailey

If it's the last day and I have no meat in the freezer I'd shoot the buck first then shoot the doe as well. We all know the doe would just stand there trying to figure out what happened. Plus, my wife and I consume more than one deer a year anyway.

Michael Lee

It depends on several factors:

1) Is this your personal land?
2) Are you trying to grow big bucks?
3) Is this buck as big as others you have taken?
4) How long has it been since you have taken a deer?

Just some thoughts, I'd probably shoot the doe in my personal places.

ML

H

HT2

T B.....

Why doesn't it surprise me that you would respond that way?????? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: That's just the response I expected from you..... :bounce: :bounce:

M L.....

I knew you would want more specifics..... ;)

So, here ya go.....

Is it my personal land????? No, but it's my personal lease that I've been on for 20+ years......

Are we tryin' to grow Big Bucks????? Of course..... ;)

Is this buck as big as other you have taken????? Yes.....

How long has it been since you've taken a deer?????
Last year.....

How's that???? :bounce: :bounce:

QuakerBoy

Dang Tim

by the time you thought all that through the deer would be gone.

No wonder it's been so long since ya shot a deer :bounce:

leadoff

GONetwork Member
I would probably shoot at the doe and miss, curse real loud as they bound off into the woods together, turn around to see a massive 12 pointer watching me only 20 yards away, ease around to get a shot at the deer as he stands there bewildered, and then click on the spent shell that I forgot to eject from my rifle. Then I would curse loudly again as the 10 point darts into the brush just as I get another round in the chamber. :)

H

HT2

Rich......

O.K. Now......

I'm "OLD" but not dead......

Just cause I don't get around as well as I use to, don't mean my mind don't still work...... ;)

It only takes a "split second" to decide........Hopefully..... ::; ::;

Meriwether Mike

Take the doe. She will eat just as good as the buck. :shoot:

Handgunner

Without any hesitation, providing I could hit her, the doe would be well on her way to "greener pastures" so to speak. :D

GAGE

GONetwork Member
The doe is the one I am trying to shoot and the buck will live hopefully another year or two!

Gage

ryano

Banned
Dustin Pate said:
I never shot a buck that big, so that would be my shot. Although the doe would eat better.

same here Dustin.........it wont get us any invites to any hunting clubs by saying that but thats a trophy to me and yep, I would proudly be on my way to Woodys with too :cool:

all I can say, is it must be really nice to let these kinda bucks walk.....heck I dont ever see any like that ::huh: