Successful night tracking

wildlands

Got a call last night around 8 got to the track at about 9:30. I got to track an 8 pointer for a Mr Carl Christiansen,250 yards or so long. He could only show me the general area the deer was standing when he shot but no blood. Baby had several false starts just trying to find the deer. One lead back to his truck. Come to find out the bed was full of blood from a doe the Carl's wife had shot earlier that evening. Once Baby settled down on the trail we went about 50 yards and found good blood. We tracked it down to a small draw and the deer tried to go up the other side but could not. When it doubled back on its self it thru Baby off. Baby wanted to keep searching ahead and to the left. After searching for a while I brought her back to the last blood gave her some water to drink and let her settle down. When I put her back on the trail she turned right went about 20 or so yards and started back up the other side turned, came back down went just a little further down in the brush and found the deer.
Congradulations to Carl Christiansen on his first crossbow kill.

Attachments

• 100_03363.JPG
    100_03363.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 688
  • 100_03383.JPG
    100_03383.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 636
  • 100_03403.JPG
    100_03403.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 550

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
COngratulations to All...

Sounds like Baby earned her keep last night :)

nchunter

good job wildlands!congrats :clap:

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Wildlands

Thanks for sharing your pics and story with us :clap:

leo

Meriwether Mike

Great story with a good ending. Hope he bought both of you a steak. I sure would have. :clap:

Ga-Spur

i wish I could have used Baby a few times. All I got was racks the next day or week sometimes when shooting deer with a recurve bow.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Very cool to watch the dogs and trainer work their majic. Congrats on the find.

Jim

Bowhunter24

I love tracking dogs, we have 2 beagles we use, makes me alot less hesitant to shoot a deer now right at dark, cause i have total confidence that our dogs will find the deer.