How Many Doe Do You Take?

Over the past 5 years, what has been your average doe harvest?

Votes: 22 28.6%

Votes: 26 33.8%

Votes: 12 15.6%

Votes: 8 10.4%

Votes: 3 3.9%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

willhunt

Nine

I've taken nine does in the past five years. I voted two cause the season ain't over yet and our doe days come back in right after Christmas...

I've got two in the freezer so far (one buck, one doe) and I like to take three per year. Our families eat that many easily.

wh

CAL

Haven't killed a doe in 12 yrs.I know.Haven'tkilled a buck in 3 yrs.No need in killing any if you can't handle them!

Junebug

I've killed fewer does recently because I don't see them anymore, not because I couldn't use the meat. At this point it feels irresponsible on my part to kill any more.

GeauxLSU

maddog said:
in the past 5 years i have taken 2 doe.

avg.= 0.4/year
Ditto.
But I didn't hunt one fall (new baby! :clap: ) so really it's two does over 4 years (and one buck). :eek:
I think my season is over. :rolleyes: :(
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

matthewsman

about 4 a year

I get out there a lot though and have family that picks one or two a year up at the processor.This year 5 does and 1 spike.All with the bow except one of the does(camp meat opening w/e)

huntnnut

GONetwork Member

"0" as in a big fat ZERO on doe's for me over the last 5 years so I didn't vote since 0 wasn't an option.

I've passed on them for the last two years because of the lack of them being seen on the club I'm in, though I primarily trophy hunt anyway.

Hoss

Two in the last 5 years. I've pretty much stopped shooting does on our property and the last two years we have restricted the harvest to try to get deer back on the property.

Hoss

H

HT2

Jeffrey.....

Generally I only take a couple.......

Irregardless of what the weapon is........If I take a couple in Bow Season, I generally don't take any in Firearms season.......However, I'd love to take more, but I just can't eat all that much..... :eek:

Meriwether Mike

I voted for an average of 2 per season over the last five years.

gabuckeye

I voted one but I have only taken 3 in 5 years. My teenage son has taken 2 in five years so I guess we take 1 per year for our family. We have our 1 for this year but hope to take 2 or 3 more. One of these is for a good friend who can't hunt anymore this year.

Todd E

My avg over the past 5 years is 1.4 The only reason it is that high was due to a high number taken during the 5th and 4th previous years.

As I look back over those years, I can see how my doe harvest has dwindled which substantiates my belief that there aren't that many around. Trail cam pix and stand sittings back it up also. What this poll and our talk fails to take into account are those who are out that continually take large numbers. Many of those aren't on the puter at Woody's and their harvests go unknown to those outside their lil groups. I voted for me, as this is what the poll requests, but I am sure any of us can quickly drop info on folks who shoot anywhere from 10 to 25. I guess for them it's a game. What about the "foreigners"? Does anybody get their harvest info? Besides, if the herd needs to be decimated.....these types are doing their part. Why should I care................

I would have to conclude that some of us have seen the dwindling numbers and are concerned enough not to shoot any does. Then there's the.....I can't shoot what I can't even see. These are both factors that must be considered when one looks at a poll such as this and tries to say that a doe harvest is really not that high and liberal limits and changes won't really effect much after all. Believe what you want, but not everybody cares about managing their club the way the members of Woody's want to. I'm afraid that our little glass house is gonna get shattered. We make a stand for this and that and this and that while the target of our pursuit is dwindling under our nose under the disquise that it aint that bad. But, then again I'm in the minority and sent to the corner and told to quit whinning. ::huh:

Last edited:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

I average 7 ever since it became legal to harvest that many or more............it takes at least 6 for me to get to the next bow season with some meat still in the freezer.......then there are always some graduate students that need meat......and the hunters for the hungry program...............I've got 6 so far this year.....expect to whack 2 or 3 more. :)

sgsjr

Banned
There was not a choice for me. ZERO!!!! for at least 15 years. I leave the does to the one's who cannot find good bucks.

Besides, no one wants to believe me but we are overkilling the does.

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
well............

being that you can only shoot 2 bucks legally........you must not eat much venison................we like it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.