Scum of the earth.....

Arrow3

After going to listen for birds this morning on my club, I decided to go check on my hog trap....What hog trap?? Yup, someone had taken my trap....Its actually mine and Hunter Haven's....We built it ourselves in his yard and have caught a good many hogs in it...I guess we wont catch anymore......Don't you hate scum??:mad: :mad:

Handgunner

Maybe the trap will break as soon as they go to release a big ol' boar... :D

I can't stand a theif!

Timbo

Brandon I'm sorry to hear of your loss,but dont let this get you guys down.Just build a new one and place a trip mine under it.

JoeBanker

Banned
Yeah thats about as crappy as someone stealing a climbing stand

CAL

Give it time Brandon and don't talk about it!Ya just can't hide a hog trap too easy and I bet it will show up sooner or later.

BOWHUNTER!

KINCHAFooneeryan said:
Some people will steal anything...that is anything that means anything to you.

People will steal even if it doesn't mean anything to you. This kinda stuff has got to stop.:mad:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
It's a real problem everywhere

Checking this afternoon to see where I want to set up for turkey hunting in the morning. It rained yesterday morning so all tracks were fresh. Saw a few turkey tracks, but what I noticed most was tire tracks going through the bushes and around the gate. They drove almost the full length of the property (about 3.5 miles), then turned around and came back out. Looked to have been done yesterday evening or last night. Lucky for me, they turned around just before coming to one of my popup blinds. Locked gates, posted signs and the chance of being caught doesn't stop some people. And when you catch a trespasser they will most often say...."I thought I was on somebody elses property". May even make up a name, anything to appear dumb and look like they made an honest mistake. We're going to arm a trail camera on the road when not hunting. Bet it's some local, maybe the one that dragged the dead yearling on us a couple weeks ago.

Brent

I've had crooks steal everything from stands to propane tanks, But a hog trap....? Man that's got to be a first!
Sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe you'll get lucky and get it back.
You know, maybe it's time we brought back good ol' public hangings!
No good sorry s--b, stealing from the working man.

Butterfly

Thieves,
Sorry to hear it,
Hang em high if you catch them.

3-S Is better
Shoot,Shovel,Silence

Butterfly

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
I hate that brandon! Hope you can find out who done it. If not that then I hope you can get another,

Arrow3

Found out where my hog trap went....Seems that another club member, who I don't know, "borrowed" it...Seems that he baited it a week or so ago and caught a hog in it...The hog tore the trap up and he took it home so he could fix it....Been nice if someone would have asked me??? :huh:

raghorn

Arrow3 said:
Found out where my hog trap went....Seems that another club member, who I don't know, "borrowed" it...Seems that he baited it a week or so ago and caught a hog in it...The hog tore the trap up and he took it home so he could fix it....Been nice if someone would have asked me??? :huh:
Don't intrduce him to Jessica, you might have to kill him! I hate when people borrow my stuff without asking, I have two sons and a bunch of brother-in-laws that are the worst offenders I know.

Mrs. Arrow3

raghorn said:
Don't intrduce him to Jessica, you might have to kill him! I hate when people borrow my stuff without asking, I have two sons and a bunch of brother-in-laws that are the worst offenders I know.

:rofl: :rofl: It was pretty scummy for someone to do that, though, especially without asking. As soon as Brandon gets ahold of this guy, he's gonna get an earful, I guarantee it.

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
well at least we can be glad that (1) you know where it is (2) the guy had enough respect for your property to realize that he needed to fix it when it broke. Still doesn't mean that he should have used it without asking.

Toliver

carabrook said:
well at least we can be glad that (1) you know where it is (2) the guy had enough respect for your property to realize that he needed to fix it when it broke. Still doesn't mean that he should have used it without asking.

It would have been OK had he (1) Caught hogs. (2) Did all the work killing and hauling them out. (3) Paid for processing. (4) Divvied out the meat 70/30 in favor of the trap owner. (5) Cooked his breakfast for him every morning before going out hunting. (6) Washed his truck at the end of each weekend.

:)

Toliver

Or not.