How much rain from Ivan??????????

Just 1 More

How much rain are you guys predicted to get from Ivan over the weekend? I'm most interested in the reports around Perry. I'm headed up friday morning for the weekend... do ya think there will be any dry spots?

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Here's the latest report for Perry, GA. Don't look to good for Friday, though you should be fine for the weekend if the wind lies.

Friday: Windy with a heavy, steady rain in the morning. Rain showers continuing in the afternoon. High 81F. Winds S at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall may reach one inch. Rainfall totals approaching 4 inches locally.

Saturday: Few showers. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 60s.

Sunday: More clouds than sun. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s

Just 1 More

Thanks... Do you think the deer will move in this kind of weather? I wa thinking they would be bedded down for the storm (friday) and then move a lot after (Sat/Sun) ::;

dbodkin

Depends on which Wx Man you listen to. I've heard 4-11 inches

Jeff Phillips

Fox just had a report that said we could get as much as 20" if it stalls "as expected"!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

jeepguru

Right now all of the computer models I follow has it stalling somewhere over N. Ga, Al, or Tn. Theres a high pressure ridge coming from the west that may stall out the storm, but as with all hurricanes the ridge may weaken and eventually get taken over by the low. If that happens then the storm will move up the east coast, if it stalls at the ridge like the computer models say it will be very possible it will still be raining Monday. Anyway I like hunting the in the rain just not high winds. I've killed more deer in the rain or shortly after than any other time. Good Luck Sat, I'm going to the DAWGS game!

For those interested in weather websites check out www.wunderground.com they have a very good selection of maps and satelitte images.

H

HT2

Ivan.....

That storm is dumpin' a boatload of rain!!!!!!!!!

I think the most concentrated area's of rain for Georgia is gonna be West and Northwest.....

Ya'll hang on up thar..... :confused: :confused:

Murdock

Break out the boats! We are just now starting to feel the winds and rain. Northwest GA.