Pine Mountain, GA Deer Hunting updates

I hunt off of Highway 190 in Pine Mountain Georgia. I have been hunting this property for about 5 years. I was wanting to know if anyone can give me updates on what they are seeing in the woods during this season. I would like to get some updates on what is going on and what others are seeing compared to what I am seeing. The rut is pretty tough to track there every year. I have been hunting this buck for about 3 1/2 years and we have a history together full of missed oppurtunities and 2 missed bow shots and some early morning misques. This guy has been giving me the fits. He is blind in his right eye and as smart as they come.

vowell462

I hunt off 116 in The Valley. Been kinda slow there. Rut is usually around 10 Nov. How do you know if your buck is blind? Does he wear an eyepatch?

LOL...naw dawg. When my trail camera takes his picture. He has no glare in that right eye. I have hundreds of pictures of him with no glare in his right eye. Could have been damaged or something. When he has approached my area with his right side facing me, i pretty much take that oppurtunity to move or get situated. However, he has busted me on more than one occassion coming from his left.

vowell462

Ahhh. Makes sense. I thought we were after the same buck for a minute. The one Im after is big and bad. Hes got an eyepatch, a gold tooth, and an MS-13 tattoo on his hind quarter.

vowell462

Yes 116 runs from Hamilton, then through Pine Mountain Valley, then to Shiloh.

vowell462

wierd question. Have you seen any hogs on your property? The one in my avatar was killed in Pine Mt Valley and was told they are rare in the area. Thats the only place in Harris County ive seen them.

Killdee

wierd question. Have you seen any hogs on your property? The one in my avatar was killed in Pine Mt Valley and was told they are rare in the area. Thats the only place in Harris County ive seen them.

Kill em all, we hunt off 18 near 185 and havent seen any yet. We are on the Troup line and Nov 10th is our magic day,2-3 days either side, and has been for 27 years. We have killed more mature bucks on the 10th than any other day.

duckman31822

Pm sent

Ive heard of a few hogs in the cagles area. My buddy killed one 2 yrs ago. I hunt about a mile from there and have yet to see one. I will shoot at everyone i see thats for sure!

vowell462

Pm sent

Ive heard of a few hogs in the cagles area. My buddy killed one 2 yrs ago. I hunt about a mile from there and have yet to see one. I will shoot at everyone i see thats for sure!

Thats where I hunt. About a mile from Cagles. The one I killed was about two years ago as well.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Nov.5-15 seems to be when the does are in season strong.

Here lately haven't seen many deer on camera until this past week.They are coming in and hitting the feeders and the food plots pretty good now.I have one place that they have been rubbing trees and pawing around small trees for about a month now but it's just a big bedding area that's too thick to hunt.I usually start seeing real good signs and getting good pics around the 20th of October every year.

Last edited:

Wing Zero

Kill em all, we hunt off 18 near 185 and havent seen any yet. We are on the Troup line and Nov 10th is our magic day,2-3 days either side, and has been for 27 years. We have killed more mature bucks on the 10th than any other day.

Where on 18 do you hunt? The reason I ask is I hunt our farm property that is at Bill Taylor Rd and 18 (towards Jones Crossroads), but I hunt down in Troup County and havent seen many deer yet while scouting the area or on my Trail Cam