Which GPS???

Randy

I really like my Garmin Map76. It can do anything I need it to do and even more. I will say this. Don't buy one thinking it is just for hunting. I actually use mine more in the truck and in the boat than for hunting. The Map76 has map roads and intersection information on it that comes in real handy when traveling. You can zoom in on the next exit and hit enter and it will tell you what resturants and what gas stations are at that exit. It has tide inforamtion and best fishing and hunting times information and moon information. It is a very good and easy to use unit as far as I am concerned. I will also say this. Get the best you can afford at the time. Like any electronics they become outdated. And you think you really don't need one with all the bells and whistles but if you get one with less you will wish you had more.

teethdoc

Etrex Legend

Amazon has the Garmin Etrex legend for $135 you will not find this deal anywhere! It has 8mb memory for mapping and a decent preloaded base map. Just be prepared for the sticker shock of the mapping software. They all have proprietary software, and it's abt. $100 each (ie, topo, cities, marine, etc.)

D

dave

dawg2005,

Read the posts HERE

Check out the links to Garmin in my earlier post.

dave ;)

flat foot

I have a etrex legend and love it too, with the TOPO you can come back from scouting plug into the computer, and it will show you where you have walked plotted out on top of the topo map. fishing is awesome too. It comes with an awesome base map with it. and you can download the topo maps from the soft ware too so when you are walking in the woods and you look at the screen it looks like you are walking in the topo map.

theethDoc is right you will use it more than you relise. You only need to scout a place once and you can walk right back to it in the middle of the dark again when ever you want. Good Luck