Turkey Season

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Just had 5 gobblers come through the pasture a few minutes ago :)

Wetzel

I bought a new turkey call last week and I've been playing around with it everyday now. Looking forward to trying it out this coming spring.

Nitro

Banned
Me too Dalton. Turkey season is a reason to live................... As the years pass I find myself enjoying Turkey season more and more.

Still have the invite for WA in late April -early May '05 if you are interested.

Andy

spongebob

saw 15 as I sat on a dove stool

They were 10 yards from me...they'll be smarter come spring...they know!

HuntinMan

I love turkey hunting an use deer hunting as an excuse to find the turkey and keep up with them. The season seems like it is so far off :flag:

Handgunner

Enjoy the turkey's while you can... Because if your luck is any like mine, come turkey season you won't be seeing them! ::huh:

Ga-Spur

It won't be long now to March. Sept. football ; Oct. football ; Nov. football ; Dec post season bowl football games ; Jan. Super Bowl football game ; so that just leaves us with 28 days of Feb to do a little scouting. It's about here boys. Can't hardly wait. :bounce:

pendy

Harkins

My husband is going turkey hunting for the first time this spring, What is the best turkey call to have and what else dose he need. I'd like to surprise him with a few things. We live in Mn. I don't know if the turkey season is the same all over or not. I do know it starts sometime this spring.

short stop

WOODY OUGHT TO PUT THE COUNTDOWN TO TURK SEASON UP --ONLY 6 MONTHS :shoot: DEER FEED THE RUGRATS BUT DON'T HOLD A CANDLE TO HUNTIN THOSE BIG GA. GOBBLERS

Arrow Flinger

pendy said:
My husband is going turkey hunting for the first time this spring, What is the best turkey call to have and what else dose he need. I'd like to surprise him with a few things. We live in Mn. I don't know if the turkey season is the same all over or not. I do know it starts sometime this spring.

For a beginner, I would start with a good box call and master it first. Lynch Fool Proof is a good, inexpensive one. He needs to pick one up pretty soon and learn to use it. Pick up one of the audio cd's with turkey sounds on it also. When he gets that mastered, a slate or gl*** call would be my next step. He will also need an Owl call and crow call for locator calls. A turkey seat is also a must have for me. I like the ones with little short legs about 6 inches long. He will also need a turkey vest or something to carry all the calls in. You might can still find some clearance deals on some of this stuff. The best thing you could get him is to arrange a hunt with an experianced turkey hunter. He can learn more in 1 day with an experianced hunter than he can in a season trying to learn alone. The best thing you can buy for yourself is some good ear plugs! :bounce:

pendy

Arrow Flinger

Thanks for all the good advice. My husband is going to go with my cousin who is an experianced turkey hunter and just love's it.

pendy

Ga-Spur

Thanks for the tip.

Goose

New stuff for March '05!

I can't wait 'til this coming Turkey season, either! I've just got me a new Browining BPS 12 gauge that I hope to use to scatter some pellets into the naked head of a hollerin' gobbler. Until then, I'll be using it to bring down a few doves and hopefully more ducks than last year.

So gobblers, enjoy your life until then!

Goose
:shoot:

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Lookin' forward to calling up longbeards and shootin' 'em in the face!

That was said so perfectly I cant add anything. Now this is what it means when people write "x2"!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

The mtn man

Wow!!!! When this thread was started , I was 27 years old??