Where to go????

davel

My flooded timber spot turned out to be a dud. Don't really think the guy was serious. Which public lakes can you hunt on? Clark's Hill? I've fished it before but didn't know you could hunt there. Are there any flooded timber areas? I only have a very small jon boat (besides my bass boat) and don't really want to take it out on the lake. Does anyone know about Russell or any other nearby lakes for ducks? I live in Barrow and desperately need to find a place to take my 15 year old son. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Dave

bigunga1

slow down there dave,

your flooded timber hole may not have water in it till later in the season...

besides , what little bit of birds we get from up north has not arrived yet...

give us some more details on this place... like what you was told...

davel

Reply...

My wife was told my son and I could hunt the place - now he sounds wishy-washy about it. I need to find another place to take my son. Any advice would sure help. Thanks.

bigunga1

pin him down on it... ::ke: ask for a writen permission letter "just in case the game warden shows up"... that will get you a straight answer... or a good flounder...

i don't know anything about your area... ::huh: i'm an hour south of the airport...

savage

Come shoot geese on Lake Oconee. Sugar Creek and the island in front of Swords boat ramp are good spots. Also the islands between I-20 and the Rail road bridge are good for honkers. Lots of banded geese on the lake and we need help trimming the numbers down! Only special regulation for Oconee is that you hunt at least 100 yards away from any residence, dock, or bridge.

davel

Thanks Savage...

Are there any places you can wade? My jon boat is too small for a big lake like Oconee.

Nick_T

Banned
Might want to talk the the Game Management Office that handles the WMAs in your area. There might be some backwaters off of the lake or beaver ponds that can be hunted without a boat. If you live up on Oconee I know of a spot that I never tried to hunt but looked real ducky and would be a short run with your little jon without having to cross any big waters. As far as using a little jon ya need to consider that alot of folks aren't fishing or pleasure riding in boats this time of year, and most mornings you'll be out of the water before the wind picks up so the water is basically like glass. I don't know how small your boat is and I wouldn't want to hunt 2 folks out of a 10x32 anyhow, but I've used my 14x36 on the coast contending with ocean like conditions and passing shrimp boats and it's done fine. All the boat is for is transportation to the spot anyhow, not for hunting out of.

If ya are interested in that spot shoot me a PM. It's in the Granite Shoals area.

Nick T