Deer Quota Hunt Selection Complete

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Cool!!

I guess the first time is a charm!! I've never put in for a quota hunt in my life and got accepted for the Dec 8-11th hunt at Clybel. It was my 2nd choice. Got rejected for the November hunt, but I should be able to go next year.

Tommy

LAKOTA

Joe Kurz bound !

HOT DANG! ... Joe Kurz Oct. 27-30 for me and my Dad! :bounce: :D

Anyone care to direct us toward a good starting point to scout? We've never set foot on the property and don't know anyone that has had the pleasure of hunting there.

Outdoor-Writer07

Haven't been picked yet....

Still didn't get picked for my quota hunt that I wrote down. I guess I might have a chance next year, I will have a number 3 rejection notice coming my way whenever the DNR sends them out. But, with my luck they will come out with some kinda number 4 rejection and you know who get it. Kinda stupid that I was all excited about it and then find out I didn't get drawn. By the time I get drawn for one of these things, there won't even be a WMA!!! :banginghe

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Ossabaw hunts

SH Mo, there may have been a few double rejections to get picked for the Ossabaw Dec. 2 hunt, but it probably took a triple to get picked. Fredw put in for the Dec. 2 hunt with a double and did not get picked, but he did get picked for the Dec. 16-18 hunt.

Fred and Chad, we'll see you down there. Jimmy and his dad also got drawn in our party and I assume Justin is going with you guys again.

I can't believe it

WE got rejected with triple rejection notices to the 2nd Joe Kurz Hunt. John, can you tell me how many other unlucky people there were with the three. Thanks

Minner

Dad and I got picked for the Dec. 2-4 hunt at Ossabaw. Good luck Fred, Chad, and Danny! We'll try to leave you a couple :bounce:

Mac,

We'll see ya down there!

wildlands

rejected joe kurz

I will have to wait another year for a chance at a big deer at joe kurz.

ejm

I guess I must just be lucky on this one. I got drawn for the first Ossabaw hunt with only a double rejection notice. But, that probably has more to do with me applying by myself, since everybody else in my group lost their's and didn't apply. This will be my first trip, hope it was worth the wait :).

kaz

Ossabaw archery 10/21-23

Yahoo, I got picked for the Ossabaw archery hunt. Only problem is, I also got picked for the Cumberland archery hunt immediately preceding that. I cannot do both, so I'm going to have to pick. Anyone have any recommendations? I've never hunted either before, and I'm pretty much a newbie bowhunter.

Jasper

JB,

What about the adult/child quota hunts- will those results be posted on line or is it notification by mail only?

Thanks.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
willhuntforfood said:
Rejected for sapelo,but got picked for buck only at Piedmont NWR.

Our group also was also picked for the Buck only Oct 21-23rd, Piedmont has some good hunting if you get off the beaten path away from the crowds, we have been going there for 20+ years now.

BBond

Adult-Child Hunts

Jasper

Depends on what hunt. If it was a hunt that you had to fill out the application in the Regs and mail it to Social Circle, then it would be on the net site JB listed. However, if it was a quota hunt that you had to mail into a Regional Office then you should receive something from that office and it will not be posted on the net site.

The children accepted to the Adult-Child quota hunt on Clybel for Oct 22-24 was mailed out yesterday.

BB

Jasper

Thanks for the info BBond!

That Clybel hunt is the one my son and I applied for. He'll be wearing a path to the mailbox in anticipation.

Have a good day............

JBowers

BBond said:
Jasper

Depends on what hunt. If it was a hunt that you had to fill out the application in the Regs and mail it to Social Circle, then it would be on the net site JB listed. However, if it was a quota hunt that you had to mail into a Regional Office then you should receive something from that office and it will not be posted on the net site.

The children accepted to the Adult-Child quota hunt on Clybel for Oct 22-24 was mailed out yesterday.

BB
All Adult/Child deer quota hunts are handled by the Regions.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Thanks again, "Lone Sheep", for all your hard work in getting the results up so quickly!

Well done! :flag:

JBowers

Jeff Young said:
Thanks again, "Lone Sheep", for all your hard work in getting the results up so quickly!

Well done! :flag:

That would be "not of the servile herd"!:p