Did any one here this

Timbo

I was watching the news just now and Briant Gumble was talking about a women who had her cat that died CLONED.
said she paid 50,000 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

If cloning was a option to you for your pet,would you pay that?.

cfbutler31

it would be pretty neat to clone some of these big ole deer i keep seeing on woody's site, and then get them all to have a home range about 300 yards withing my stand sites :D think they can do this?

Timbo

HAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHA, man that would be sweet.

GeauxLSU

Timbo said:
If cloning was a option to you for your pet,would you pay that?.
No, but everything is relative and to her, 50k might be nothing. I might pay something for a pet I thought had the perfect attributes but 50 g's sure wouldn't be an option for me. I don't care if the thing could sing The Yellow Rose of Texas in 17 languages! :eek:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Toliver

cfbutler31 said:
it would be pretty neat to clone some of these big ole deer i keep seeing on woody's site, and then get them all to have a home range about 300 yards withing my stand sites :D think they can do this?

You got 50 G a pop?

And no, I wouldn't have my pet cloned. It would only be exactly the same in the DNA. That does not guarantee the same personality or traits.

Timbo

And no, I wouldn't have my pet cloned. It would only be exactly the same in the DNA. That does not guarantee the same personality or traits

Yea I bet it would be hard to reteach our pet to understand

"No,thats my pot pie kitty" :bounce:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
$50,000 for a cat?

BBBWWWAAAAAHHHHAAAAHHHAAAHHAA!!!!! :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

That's pricy kung pao! ::huh:

Todd E

Mans way of trying to play god. Sorry, don't believe in it nor approve of it.

Toliver

Jeff Young said:
$50,000 for a cat?

BBBWWWAAAAAHHHHAAAAHHHAAAHHAA!!!!! :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

That's pricy kung pao! ::huh:

Jeff made a funny.
:bounce: :bounce:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I heard it and one word came to mind.....IDIOT!

You know how many charities could have used that money for something other that a cat! Other than that, there are thousands of cats put to sleep every year.

I bet she'll be mad if something happens and it dies due to the unknowns of cloning.

cowboyron

I seen an interveiw this mornning with her. They asked her about spending 50g on the cat and she replied thats what she wanted to do with her money and she doesn't drive a big fancy car...........OK so that justifies spending 50g on a cloned cat.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Actually, she probably just really loved her cat and apparently had more money than she knew what to do with.

My father-in-law had a coon dog one time that died and he wanted to have it mounted, though it looks so bad when he died that he decided to not have it done.

I have an 18+ year old kitty just diagnosed with cancer that I dearly love and would love to see her taken better care of, though with her age and the expense's I would incur to have her treated it's not feasible or practical. I guess I'll just care for her the best I can until she either dies or if she starts acting like she's in pain I guess I'll have to put her under.

cowboyron

Folks can really get attached to there pets I know I do. I guess If a feller had more money then he knew what to do with who knows. Talking about mounting pets I knew a taxidermist over in Ocala that was gettig ready to do a big money stud horse. The owners were going to have a full body mount done and put him in his stall.

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Roy Rogers had Trigger mounted. No telling what that cost?

We receive at least one call per year requesting Pets mounted.

Had a midget come in the shop one day with a dead Monkey in his arms. -- Guess that's another story. ::gone:

Timbo

HAHAHAHAAH ,do tell us that story one day woody

Slug-Gunner

Personality?

Cloning is supposed to be able to create a "GENETIC TWIN", but what I'm sure no one has explained to her.... it won't duplicate her old cat's PERSONALITY!

My first born children were IDENTICAL TWINS and their personalities were QUITE DIFFERENT.

I'm sure that when she "discovers that", that she will try to find a lawyer and sue them for it not being just like her old cat, even though it may look exactly like it.

:rolleyes: ::huh: :whip: :banginghe

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Sorry to stray from the original subject, though here's probably a better way to honor one's pets.

This is the grave site of Triple Crown Winner Seattle Slew along with the monument placed at the site.

I was fortunate to get a private tour a year or so ago of the horse farm in Kentucky that Seattle Slew stayed at in his final days and where he is now buried.

The grounds on this place was imaculate and one could just about eat off the floor even in the stables.

Attachments

• Seattle Slew.1.jpg
    Seattle Slew.1.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Seattle Slew.jpg
    Seattle Slew.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 18

gadeerwoman

I know someone who had a hog dog mounted after it was killed by a large boar hog. They shot the boar, had it mounted and added the dog along with it.
Also know of a lady who took a cat to the taxidermist to be mounted. I don't think I could do that to a pet.
Cloning is one scary business altogether!!