Another one bites the dust!!!!

Hunter Haven

Hello to everyone. I don't know if this is supposed to be my year for hunting, but it sure is starting to look like it!!!! Sunday evening , I layed 2 does to rest. :D (Sunday evening's hunt previously posted by Arrow3) At 7:00 pm this evening another doe lost her life. I was hunting a hardwood hill that held lots of whiteoaks. I first herd the doe crack an acorn while chewing it. I looked up and saw her at about 45 yards away. She proceeded to come my way, so I didn't rush into anything. She steadily approached me. When she reached 8 yards below me I decided to take her. I hit her perfect. :cool: The shot was placed right through the heart. It hit her hard. She bolted for a run of about 50 yards and crashed. My next move was to call Arrow3 and leave him a humorous voicemail while he sat at work. He called me back just a laughing! :bounce: HA HA HA.
PSE sent me a new 2004 Triton bow this year due to my old bow cracking a limb. I hunted with my old bow for 10+years and hated to lay it to rest. However, I won't complain. I'm 3 for 3 with the new one and that makes me happy!!!!!! ::gone: Good luck to everyone and happy hunting!!!

Meriwether Mike

Hey HH!

You are on fire! Keep a stackin em up! :shoot:

Arrow3

Now is it fair to be calling your best bud while he is working to tell him you just shot a deer??? we both scouted this place this past weekend and talked about how good it would be as soon as the acorns started hitting the ground....I guess we were right..

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
I's Say...

The pressure's off of Hunter Haven! :cool: Good job there bro... :)

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Congrats HH

on your three deer :clap:

mpowell

good practice

well, you're certainly getting some good practice for when the big one appears. nothing better to raise your confidence with a bow than a great bow kill. three, even better.

S.Dailey

HH
You wouldn't need a hunting buddy by any chance would you? Right now at our club you couldn't pay to see a deer. There are tracks and sign all over the place. My wife and I went walking yesterday and of course we see deer. We saw a little six-point and a couple of does. Go figure. :banginghe

Hunter Haven

Thanks for all the congrats from everyone. Several people posted about filling my freezer up. Believe it or not, I very seldom have a deer processed for me this early in the year. I don't know if this really matters, but I like to have deer processed for myself after it turns cold. It just something I've grown customed to doing. As for the 3 deer I killed with my bow, I donated them all to feed the hungry. This is also something I do every year. It just seems to make me feel better knowing I'm helping needy family's.
S. Dailey don't get discouraged. It is still so so hot. There is so much natural food this year for deer to browse through. With it being so hot, lots of deer are moving in the dark. Lots of trail cam pics showing deer in darkness. I've just happen to be in the right spots at the right time. It must have something to do with the lucky buckeye I found the day before bow season! :D Go figure????? ::huh:

nevamiss270

GONetwork Member
Sounds like you've got a packed freezer! Now its my turn!

Arrow3

Yeah? But where did you find that lucky buckeye??

Bowhunter24

Sounds like ur on ur way to an awsome deer season, save some for the rest of us out there :bounce: congrats on ur kills :clap: :clap: :clap:

H

HT2

Haven......

Man, brother.....

You and Brandon are stackin' 'em up like "chord wood"!!!!!!!!!

Keep it up bud...... :clap: