Cremation or Burial?

contender*

Great thread, something I have debated over for many years. My thoughts have always been that God isn't interested in the "box" only what is inside. I also like the argument that if God can make us from dust then why can't we be resurrected from the same? A good discussion, with good points on both sides.

Would we need something larger than a 55 gal drum???

:huh:

As far as this goes I think a pile of seasoned red oak would do the job nicely without the petroleum smell. :D

SGADawg

I think a big bonfire and a barbeque would suit me nicely. Just throw me on the bonfire and a pig on the grill.:banana:

ryanh487

Back in the ancient times, bodies were laid in tombs to rot and then the bones were re-located, where they turned to dust. Dust from cremation or dust from decay doesn't really make a difference. I think it is more Christlike to be an organ donor and help hundreds of people and then have the little bit left cremated. You will be remade when Christ returns anyway, what does it matter?

Artfuldodger

Back in the ancient times, bodies were laid in tombs to rot and then the bones were re-located, where they turned to dust. Dust from cremation or dust from decay doesn't really make a difference. I think it is more Christlike to be an organ donor and help hundreds of people and then have the little bit left cremated. You will be remade when Christ returns anyway, what does it matter?
Good answer, I think we should all be organ donors or donate you body to science.

greg_n_clayton

You mean you don't want to be placed on dispay at the funeral home so your wife and kids can stand in front of your dead body for three sobbing hours while they shake hands and get very very tired?
And then be moved over to the church you use to attend? More crying and sadness. People who never saw you while you were alive will be there.
And then it's off to the cemetary. It's especially nice out there at 2 PM in mid July wearing a black suit.
The elderly have an especially difficult time getting to the burial site.
Then your wife goes home thankful it's all over.

This is exactly what I do not want to happen !! Anyways...I too am battleing this arrangement I plan to make while I am still here on my first journey. Ran up on this, and felt the need to reply. Now...I will read on !!

mtnwoman

Good answer, I think we should all be organ donors or donate you body to science.

Yes!!

My mother had her eyes 'fixed' before she passed....got rid of cataracts and vision corrected. Her/our opthamologist told us that just her eyes could be used to help 5 people be able to see. I think that's amazing...5 people.

I'm an organ donor and maybe donating my body to science (if they'd take it...lol) might save even more money and a few people.

thedeacon

I have always know I wasn't very bright but I honestly have never even given any thought to donating my body to science.

That is a fantastic idea and as much as I have wrong with me I would be a scientific gold mine. I am going to check on how to go about it and seriously consider it.

Its good to see people thinking of others even after they have left this world.

Artfuldodger

Even though I suggested the idea of donating your body to science, I haven't seriously thought of doing it. I am an organ donor though. I too think i'll look into the donating my body to science. We have a medical college here in Augusta. I'd rather a student learn on my dead body that one of my live daughters or grandchildren.

speedcop

and dont forget added into the cost in a lot of places are the plot rentals or purchasing. Old church grounds are great but everyone wont have that option. Seems like the bill just keeps comming after your gone. I like the science or cremation. Just to keep the cost off my family when I leave.

Of course what would be great if the Lord would come on back and we can skip this thread. Amen?