Gunmaker settles sniper lawsuit

Wetzel

Anyone see this on the news today? Bushmaster Firearms has agreed to pay $550,000 to eight plaintiffs since one of their guns was used by the D.C. area sniper.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/09/09/sniper.families.lawsuit.ap/index.html

Here is the last paragraph of the article...

A bill was proposed in Congress earlier this year that would have given the firearms industry immunity from lawsuits such as this one. Despite strong support from President Bush, it died in the Senate

This is just one of the reasons I'll be voting for President Bush come November.

Toliver

Can I sue JEEP?

For selling one of their Wranglers to a lady that got messed up on prescription pain pills and hit me head on? My knee cap was broken and I'll probably never be the same. Don't I deserve insane amounts of money because of something they had no control over?

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
I saw that and its a shame. I don't know why every corporation in America is not backing this bill. This is one reason we don't need no stinking democrats in high places. Vote against every democrat that runs is my goal.

RamblinWreck

The Bushmaster in question was a STOLEN post-ban rifle. BM did what was best for the company, I guess.

Support Bushmaster! After Monday the AWB SUNSETS! You can order a nice semi M4 with collapsing stock and all the evil features again! WOO HOO! :shoot:

60Grit

The Bushmaster in question was a STOLEN post-ban rifle. BM did what was best for the company, I guess.

Support Bushmaster! After Monday the AWB SUNSETS! You can order a nice semi M4 with collapsing stock and all the evil features again! WOO HOO! :shoot:

Better get em quick though. Pelosi is sure to try and get some sort of AWB reinstated with her new power wand she is weilding.