North Ga tracking dog

sr.corndog

reply to tracking dog

I ran into your problem several years ago. All you can do now is sit and wait and watch the country airplaines fly over head. Sorry! :flag:

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
Were the airplanes tracking the deer? ::huh:

HMwolfpup

check this month's GON

it has a list of tracking dogs. I don't have my copy with me today, but I will try to remember to look when I get home tonight.

HMwolfpup

HardCoreHunter said:
I don't have this months GON. I just want the info close at hand for the next tracking job.

I'll try to remember to make you a copy of mine. I probably won't be able to until next week. But i am going to put it in my truck, so if I don't get you a copy before you need it again, call me on my cell phone and I can at least find you a dog on the spot. If you still have any of the emails I sent you from work, my cell number is at the bottom. If you don't have it, let me know and I will send it to you.

HMwolfpup

I think there was one within about an hour or so. I will have to double check. As long as I remember to get my GON from the house tonight, I can let you know tomorrow. I also saw a website for tracking dogs. I will see if I can find that URL and send it to you too.

BassWorm

Tracking Dogs

You're supposed to shot em so you don't have to track em. :bounce:
Did I say that. I shouldn't have, we'll probably have to look for my next one and I'll have to eat crow again. That crow sure ain't very tasty. :banginghe

BassWorm

Trailing Dog Lists

HardCoreHunter. Now that I've been bad and run my mouth I just copied the trailing dog lists and will put a couple of them at your camper when I go up there today. It doesn't look like many close to us. We might have to get Jimmy to train Spud to trail. :whip:

Last edited:

HMwolfpup

we could use my husky

she likes to trail deer....the only problem is I can't keep up with her, she doesn't bark and she eats the deer....other than that, she's a good trailing dog :bounce:

spongebob

friend had a good trail dog that didn't bark...solution: put one of those small bells they use for fishing poles on the collar. Just follow the bell to the deer...as far as the eating part what about a muzzle... :D

HMwolfpup

spongebob said:
what about a muzzle... :D

The vet tried to muzzle her once...we call him lefty now :bounce:

She probably wouldn't do well as a trailer, she's a runner and a puller. I really think the different smells on the trails just get her excited and makes her want to run....after all she was bred for running and pulling

Handgunner

Thanks Wolfpup...

Cherokee: Mack Keenan (M) (770) 608-0555 -- Tell him, Delton said to do ya right. :D

HMwolfpup

Delton said:
Thanks Wolfpup...

Cherokee: Mack Keenan (M) (770) 608-0555 -- Tell him, Delton said to do ya right. :D

Thanks, Delton, I found his name in GON and have the trailing dog list in my pack....if I need him, i'll definitely mention your name.