Doves

Randy

With the hurrican and the board going down I never did see how anybody did on opening day of dove season. We did not have a good shoot in Macon Co. The group on the next field shot a lot but our field got just a few flyovers. I think I was the only one to get the limit out of 40 people. I shot better that I ever have. Did not even shoot a whole box of shells and got my limit.

GobblingDawg

I got my limit Saturday and Monday afternoons on two different fields. The hunting was tough because there were not alot of doves and the shots were very "unopening day" like. For the most part, the doves were flying like those cold weather winter doves, zigging and zagging like gray darts.

I love to shoot 'em!!!!

Go Dawgs and come on March,
GobblingDawg

QuackAddict

I hunted just outside the city limits of Warner Robbins. I had killed my limit by 4:00. I have never seen so many birds in Georgia. At one point I was shooting as fast as I could load my gun! :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Three of us hunted our field in Carroll County. Me and my dads cousin both got a limit, and my dad was two short. The doves didn't start flying until 4:30. When they did it was chaos. And like Quack said there were many times when I only had 1 shell in my gun. I took some pics and will post them as soon as I get them back.

GH22

Right at 12:00 the birds were flying all over the place and couldn't keep my gun loaded. It stayed steady until about 3:00 and died off a little (still getting good shots about every 5 - 10 minutes) and picked back up around 5:00 or 6:00. Good thing I'm not a great shot or I wouldn't have been able to hunt past 12:30. Ended up getting 11 but shot way more than that, but we won't talk about percentages ;)

goldentrout

We had a great day with a lot of birds spaced out nicely. Had a lot of them though that were to close to the ground to take a shot at.

shane111

Good shoot

We had a really good shoot. Lots of food and birds. Last weekend was even better. If anyone would like to shoot this weekend let me know.