Hope Everybody's O.K.?

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Man!! --- we've had it rough up here for the last 3 hours. -- No telling how many people are without power. -- A tornado east of me had at least one fatality.

I'm beginning to hate hurricanes.

Ga-Spur

Thanks for asking . It has been rough and it is still raising cane . Sounds like another storm is headed this way. Comcast cable is off and bellsouth is a little slow tonight. It is raining pretty heavy at this time 9:44 pm.

We fared pretty good this time. I heard of one tornado in Metter. It blew down a few trees. Other than that all was calm. Not even any rain in Twin City. Not that we needed any more. We got a total of 12 inches last week. Still squishing water in the yard.

beretta

Lost power for about 3 hrs. Hopefully I won't have any tree's down...

dbodkin

Doing OK here in Cumming... Big Creek runs through the backside of my property.. Should be renamed Big River. I've never see it this wide dunno how deep....

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Scanner says there are about 20 trees down that are blocking both lanes of traffic and many power lines down.

Don't have enough Deputies to respond to those only blocking one lane. :speechles

They also think a Tornado has hit just north of here. -- Trees down everywhere.

limbhanger

Not much to speak of in Douglasville. My wife and kids geta free day from school tomorrow. If the criminals would stay home tomorrow, maybe I could have the day off to hunt.

Lee

Here in Villa Rica, we just pumped about 40 gallons of water out of the basement and tore up the carpet padding underneath. I detest wet vacumming at 10:00 at night.

Buzz

We lost power for about 5 hours. My roof decided to spring a leak from the toilet vent and some water got in the crawlspace portion of my basement.

All in all we got of very easy compared to many others.

H

HT2

Woody.......

Woody said:
Man!! --- we've had it rough up here for the last 3 hours. -- No telling how many people are without power. -- A tornado east of me had at least one fatality.

I'm beginning to hate hurricanes.
BEGINNING TO HATE THEM??????? :eek: :eek:

I been hatin' them for sometime now.....

Seems like they are runnin' like a train schedule now........

It's time for them to stop.......... :banginghe :banginghe

Skipper

Banned
I think we are going to come out ok. They have revised the rain down to about 6 inches total. They had been calling for 12 yesterday, and that much rain in the mountains would have made a mess. The Cumberland River should hit floodstage by noon today here, but it's not predicted to go much above 25 feet. 21 feet is flood stage but it doesn't cause a lot of problems till it hits about 28 or 29 feet.

12 inches of rain in a couple days time is enough to put it up around 31 feet which means significant flooding.

Skipper

Greg Tench

Man Woody!!! You aint just kiddin!!!! It was awful up here last night as well. We lost power about 8:00 came back on around 3:00am. 197 n to Batesville is closed and the Soque River is out of its banks. The park in Clarkesville is under water!!! Dont think I can handle another night like last!!! :( :(

goldentrout

We had all of the students out in the halls for a while at the end of the day. Several trees were knocked down in Crawford just to the east of the school. Then another tornado went to the west of our house through Colbert then went to the north in Danielsville. Man there is some place that are really torn up!! Looked like one headed over us while I was at the Vet Clinic in Comer next to NGA Sports. A lot of trees down at Poli Junction also from a tornado reportedly, and that is even closer to the house.

When the second wave hit, we had a wall of water come out of the old pasture next to the house, and got with in a couple of feet from the foundation then seven more inches it is in the house. At least the rain stopped and it drained on off. It was a fun ride to school this morning with all of the rain especially with little sleep. :(

Todd E

The neighbors say it came over our neighborhood on its way to Colbert(rotating in clouds). Thankfully, nothing happened here. My wife and daughter were here and didn't know the warning was out since the power was out. Have seen a lot of damage while working. Spent good part of day in Franklin Springs at that touchdown.

In a sense, I'm not okay Woody. Worked 22 straight ours starting at 7am Friday, came home slept, and turned around to be back at work for more today. When will I get to hunt???