More Hogs

Deerman

We have only seen a couple of hogs on our hunting land the last couple of years, is there anythinng i could do to help bring more hogs on the land , besides stocking the land with hogs. The land is in Oglethorpe County Ga. 586 acres, Goose Pond Creek area. Thanks in advance. :banginghe

sr.corndog

more hogs

Ask Woody he planted food plots and the piney wood rooters wrecked havic! They made a great food plot look like it was bush hoged! :flag:

leadoff

GONetwork Member
Deerman said:
We have only seen a couple of hogs on our hunting land the last couple of years, is there anythinng i could do to help bring more hogs on the land , besides stocking the land with hogs. The land is in Oglethorpe County Ga. 586 acres, Goose Pond Creek area. Thanks in advance. :banginghe

Wait, you WANT hogs on your land?!?! :eek: Do you realize what you are asking?!?!

Building the baseball field in Field of Dreams can be compared to planting corn on your property--build it (plant it) and they will come!!! We had a BIG problem with hogs a few years back. The majority of our land was planted in corn at the time. Those hogs set up camp.

I wouldn't stock your land with hogs, unless you want some REALLY upset neighbors! :mad: ::gone:

FootLongDawg

I will be the first to ask...WHY???? They spook your deer/tear up your land/and multiply more than a third grader. Yea, there fun to shoot and all, but in the long run, take it from somebody who had em and got rid of em... YOU DON'T WANT EM!

dbodkin

Be careful what you wish for.... Once established they are hard to keep under control.... ::huh:

E

Etter1

They'll also lower your turkey populations and can cause major erosional problems. I'd say no way.

Deerman

Thanks for the information guys, i guess a few hogs is better than a lot of hogs  I would never stock, just wanted to see a few more, but maybe not after what you guys say .

Ga-Spur

Please don't , you don't want them.The folks down on Long Cane Creek will let you shoot them I would guess.Ask around down there and you will find some to hunt without moving them.

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
These guys are giving good advice.;) --- There wasn't anyone warning us when we were trying to get Hogs started on our club.

They will break your heart after spending $$ and hard work doing plots for your deer. -- We had about 10 nice plots destroyed this past summer.

Here is a sorghum plot that had just reached maturity.

Attachments

• MOX Sorg.8.JPG
    MOX Sorg.8.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
and this shot is standing in the same place -- 2 weeks later.

Attachments

• moxdown5.JPG
    moxdown5.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 271
H

HT2

Woody.....

I hear ya boss.....

Believe me fellers........YOU DON'T WANT HOGS ON YOUR PROPERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had them a few years back and they slap destroyed "EVERYTHING"!!!!!!!!!!

We started Blastin' the heck out of them during the season and in the off season, and they seem to have left......Somewhat......There are still some around, but they don't seem to be the numbers they once were........Thank goodness...... :mad: :mad: :mad: