A "BAD" Day in Georgia.......

H

HT2

Man, "IVAN" did a number on even us here in Georgia......I really feel for those people along the Gulf Coast...... :( :( :(

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Lots of wind and rain - It's amazing what these storms can do ... :(

L

loouuii

Hey Tom, You guys have power over there today? I gotta visit my Dr this AM.

Al33

Too close to tragedy!

My daughter was headed to a friends house from work to take dhelter and wait out the storm yesterday evening. She was being cautious and watching the trees when she suddenly heard one break, braked, and a huge oak fell right in front of her across the road. Would have crushed her for sure. :speechles I am so thankful she was being alert. ::;

Al

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Al

glad your daughter is OK, it's got to be tough driving around during these storms :) Other than a lot of water and some wind it hasn't been real bad in my little corner of Newton County.

The storm seems to be hooking back around for an encore thru Midddle Ga this weekend :( , hope it has weakened a bit more by then.

leo

H

HT2

Al.....

Yeah, I'm glad your daughter is O.K......

I'm kinda like Leo....

Here in Stockbridge (Henry County) it was just a "LOT" of rain and wind...... :confused:

Cranium

Lots of fun here in Forsyth county....still without power since 6pm last nite @ home..trees down ALL OVER...at least this am most of the roads were open..took me over an hour to get home from work last nite for a 10 mile drive....3 separate roads had water at least 3 feet deep with a VERY fast current running over them...couldn't tell if the road was still even there & at my age didn't feel like an adventure after 11 hours at work....then 1 of my other alternatives was closed due to fallen trees

dbodkin

lots of rain Big Creek is now Big River

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
Couple of trees down on homes in our neighborhood..Luckly we didnt have any down.If its this bad here I cant imagine what its like on the coast when those canes hit..

How2fish

Not saying we got a lot of rain,here in Marietta but the 'Big Chicken" was wearing a life jacket this morning!

Hardy

GONetwork Member
I feel lucky, We got by OK at our house. I was afraid it would be much worse and expected more tree damage. Thanks the Lord we made it through with little damage.

I expect there to be more tree damage at my hunting lease in Meriwether County. Seems like every time we have one of these we have a few large oak trees blow down.

Skipper

Banned
I don't understand some people's logic driving in these floods. That first car in the second picture for instance, It doesn't look to me like it's go a snowball's chance of making it across that street, but wind her up and let it go I guess.

Have you ever noticed every time they show a car stuck in a flooded out road, there are always 3 or 4 in the same mess in the same spot. I can see 1 guy going into a flooded out road and finding he had a problem, but that 2nd, 3rd and 4th idiot ought to have been able to look at the sichiation guy #1 was in and learn something.

Skipper

Nick_T

Banned
New here, thought I'd say hello. We faired pretty well here also, and not really that much rain, just over 2".

I was up Wed. night late kinda keeping up with that was going on. Here's a screen view or the closest weatherbug station to center the landfall. about the time it was coming in. I couldn't imagine.

wbug.jpg

Don't look like we're out of the woods yet, Ivan is kinda looping around and Jeane is looking to be a close call on the 5 day projected path.

Nick T

hawklady

Still no power here in Winston, or at least our little corner of Winston (it's on down the road). Debris all over the place.

I have several radar loops of just before, through landfall and afterwards, but they'll have to wait until the power is back on (I'm on a laptop at Border's).
Trees down but none hit the house.
At least 6" of rain before sunset Thursday (when a falling branch flattened my rain gauge), but no leaks in the house.
Fridge & freezers need emptying, but we have a paycheck, savings, and deer season will see the hawk-food freezer fill up again in very little time.
I've never seen the Dog River so high!

Compared to the folks on the coast, in NC and elsewhere, we are lucky. Blessed. Not complaining. (whining a bit now and then, tho)

Keeping the rest of you in our prayers!