Irwin County

Rabbit Runner

Welcome back Woodys, sure has been a long couple of days without ya.
looks like the florida gang is about to get hit again.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Hey Rabbit glad to see you are back as well.

It does look like we will get it again but it looks like Irwin will get a bunch of rain again as well if it keeps the track shown now

not sure if I will be up there this weekend or if my brother "Saddaddy" will be as well, might have to spend time to prepare again :(

Rabbit Runner

Swamprat, glad that everone is ok down your way, we had a lot of hard wind and rain up here monday and tuesday. lots of trees blown down around the county. rivers and creeks are all flooded.

SADDADDY

How did everyone do this weekend?

anyone have any good luck or see any deer, I was stuck at home all weekend and missed the opener for the 2nd season, hopfully it wasn't to wet and the skeeters weren't to bad..

Rabbit Runner

To much water in the creek swamp, some friends of mine went up to horse creek WMA, and did not see the first deer.have not heard of anyone killing a deer around around Irwin County.Good to have you back SADDADDY, hope everthing is ok down there,they say that we might get some bad weather here about thursday or friday. lots of wind and rain. :eek: :flag: :flag:

SADDADDY

Wet,Skeeter's and No Bucks

one of our member's was up last weekend and got carried out of the woods by the skeeter's and the place was still in standing water in most places.

He saw a few does w/fawns that was about it for the action, the fields were full of tracks, but deer are not moving much during the day...

Rabbit Runner

:flag: yes the sketter's are real bad up here, the local tv said that the wind blew them in here from fla. next time yall come up here please take them back.
the creek behind my house is still out of the banks, with about a foot of water all in the swamp. Have seen a few deer out feeding in the corn fields late in the afternoon, just before dark. I sure hope this cool weather stays with us for a long time, 69* outside right now :D :flag:

Rabbit Runner

Irwin county is still here, well some of it is, we have a lot of roads that are washed out, all the low lands around the creeks and rivers are flooded.
:(

SADDADDY

Irwin Co.

great weekend to report from one of our members, he scored on a nice doe on saturday morning about 9:30am

she tipped the scales around 140lbs, he also saw a few smaller bucks and some does feeding late in the morning, pretty much the rest of the weekend was the same.
:clap:

Last edited:

SADDADDY

pretty slow 10-30 / 10-31

we didn't see to many deer, but the sign (scrapes and rubs) were everywhere, they are working them pretty hard, a little cool snap should get them jump started and get them moving alot better?

Rabbit Runner

Get out and vote

Ok Irwin County it's time to vote.
Please Elect Danny Haire(Rabbit Runner) Irwin County Commissioner District 1.

"your vote and support is greatly apprecated. :flag:

Rabbit Runner

the deer are moving a lot at night, just saw 3 out in an old corn field. lots of scapes and rubs along the run of the creek. the local tv station says we have a chance of rain thursday and friday. from talking to people around waterloo, the bucks are running does hot and heavy.

SADDADDY

Hey Did Ya Win

Sounds good, we been seeing alot more buck movment over the past few weeks, spotted a huge buck running some does this past weekend, but to far for a safe shot, but sure fun to watch :clap:

they should be moving real good this weekend :yeah:

SADDADDY

last weekend they were moving pretty good, alot of chasing going on, the scrapes have all but dried up, I guess they are to busy chasing the ladies around.

hopfully this weekend will produce a shooter :shoot:

Rabbit Runner

local weather says that we are in for some bad weather here today, heavey rain and hard wind. Then it's going to drop into the low 30's friday and saturday, maybe that will make the deer move more. :clap:

SADDADDY

Rain, on Saturday

but we were still finding fresh scrapes, and alot of tracks that appear to be chasing, saw a few does during the rain storm,

Rabbit Runner

looks like rain and then more cold weather for the next few days here in Irwin Co. have been seeing a lot of deer tracks along the creek and in the fields.The cold weather we have had seens to have put the deer on the move. :flag: