gold prospecting

goob

so does anybody else pan around here? ::huh:

Rambo

gold panning

I did a long time ago. I got a 3" Dredge I'll trade or sell you Goob.

matthewsman

Goob

so you're the guy they keep putting that stuff on the outdoor channel for? ::ke:

Darryl Yates

I joined the GPAA last year..Still havent been yet..Just cant seem to get the time..Plan on trying a little this summer....GOLD FEVER!!!! :D :D

Mac

One of those GPAA sites

Across the road from the school I teach at.

A lot people come to it.

I bought a pan years ago, but have never tried it.

CAL

I did about 20 yrs.ago.I had the gold fever too.I had a lots of fun doing it.I never did find anything of real value though.I read somewhere that the gold band in Georgia had been turned over twice since gold was discovered.That is hard to believe but could be true.I had a backpackers dredge that worked really good for what it was designed for.I really think you might find something if you lived in the area as you do and had a good place to go.It is hard for me to believe that all the gold in the gold band is gone.Good luck with your panning.I think you would do many times better with a dredge though.
I did find enough to make a small nugget.I put it in a teaspoon to melt into a nugget.When it melted,it went into the spoon and all I had for many trips and a lots of work was a "gold plated spoon".I guess all I can say is "live and learn".

Last edited: