Bps In Macon

seminoleslayer

We Broke Ground On The New Bps Retail And Distribution Center This Morning.its Going To Be A Great Sporting Goods Store.without The Hassle Of Atlanta.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Choate is the GC. At least, that's what we've been told.

Looks like we were about 1/2 mil high on the HVAC/Plumbing! :speechles

Someone did not read the specs!

seminoleslayer

I Believe There Is A Gc For Each Project.one To Do The Warehouse One To Do The Retail I Believe.

marknga

GONetwork Member
That is great news! Middle Ga deserves a quality Outdoors Store to shop. One day closer till the noncustomer service center in Perry closes!

Mark

I take it you have had a run in with the guys at sportscenter! :banginghe :banginghe Those guys in there think they are God's gift to the outdoors......well maybe the competition will make them step up their game.

marknga

GONetwork Member
No names please!Every time for the last 15 + years. What a shame but that is what happens when you don't have competition. I guess they never had to offer quality goods at fair market value, available in a well merchandised store staffed by friendly caring associates who are managed by a staff that is customer service orientated. Friendly competition is good, it makes the good better and the weak out of business.

Mark

Yea well I know some guys that work there and actually they are good guys but I know more than a handfull of people that have vowed to never set foot in the place again. I got a nice new summit viper climber from there for Christmas and it was a nice price but I know that a lot of their inventory is a little too pricey. Oh and sorry for mentioning the name but I assumed it was common knowledge.

letsgohuntin

Thats great! I was figuring they would put one a little further south, maybe Valdosta/Tallahassee , but Macon is fine with me too!

kcausey

Banned
Good Thing

I'm glad deer season isn't still in, because I'd be ill about hearing the construction going on over there. I hunt about 100 yards from where they're building the place. I heard skidders all during bow season as they cut in roads surveying and doing perc tests.

Larry Rooks

That no service place you are atlking about only did about 10 million in business for 04, and that is on the sports side only, does not include the boats, motors etc. Service or not, they are becoming very rich people.

For those of use that do offer service in our business, i hate to see the Bass Pro come. It will more than likely cause me to shut down my archery business. Being as big as they are, they get deals on items that us dealers can not get, special run bows etc at prices we can't touch. SOOOOOOOO,
if they hit me too hard, I'll be a gonner by the end of 05 :(

kcausey

Banned
Scpo

South of the spilt, on I-75. Gonna get off at Bass Rd and turn left back across the Interstate. I'm thinking the entrance will be off of New Forsyth Rd. That will be a 4 way you get to about 1/2 mile from the interstate, turning left at the stop sign.

I believe in the long run they will also totally change the Bolingbroke exit on 75, making it an alternate entrance from the interstate. Currently, you can only get off 75 north bound and get on 75 southbound. New Forsyth rd runs parallel to 75 for about 3 miles. Place will be between the parallel roads.

I will continue to support your archery store Larry....I know that Charles and the gang make a fortune over there but the young guys are not great sales reps. You know my father well......he is in the lanscaping business in ft valley. Well that is terrible about bps putting a hurting on you...maybe it will work out.

Ramey Jackson

Larry Rooks said:
For those of use that do offer service in our business, i hate to see the Bass Pro come. It will more than likely cause me to shut down my archery business. Being as big as they are, they get deals on items that us dealers can not get, special run bows etc at prices we can't touch. SOOOOOOOO,
if they hit me too hard, I'll be a gonner by the end of 05 :(

Larry, keep servicing your customers and I'm sure you'll survive! Service is something BPS has always lacked. You may lose sales initally...but I'm sure you'll get most of them back!

marknga

GONetwork Member
Larry I believe with all my heart that if you continue to offer your customers great customer service you will do just fine. I know that good business will follow great service, always has and always will. I just want to know that MY business is apprectiated. BPS may not do that but at least I will have a choice without having to drive 100 miles.
I know that at our dealership our stated policy is "To treat every customer to our dealership as an honored guest in our home.... EVERY DAY, EVERY TIME, WITHOUT FAIL. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Do all of our customers feel that we deliver on that? No but we will continue to appreciate every one of them and their business. They are the reason we are there. Sorry to ramble.

Mark

letsgohuntin

Larry Rooks said:
That no service place you are atlking about only did about 10 million in business for 04, and that is on the sports side only, does not include the boats, motors etc. (

10 million? That seems like an awfully high estimate to me ::huh:
Man at 50%+ margins thats $5 million profit (minus overhead) they are getting rich!

sgsjr

Banned
Ya'll know the guy who owns the sports center is the guy who bought Oaky woods WMA and is going to break it up and sell it for developement.

He has not decided to sell it to developers as of yet but yes there is a chance he will. He is a business man and if that offers what he sees as the greatest return on his investment he will do it. Like it or not he is a very intelligent guy when it comes to business ventures. Started from nothing and has certainly made a fortune.