How to question for Mike the Administrator

fredw

Retired Moderator
Mike, is it possible to have the avatar show on the left with the post on the right? Right now the avatar is on top of the post.....and I have to scroll past Phil's avatar to get to his post :D

Skipper

Banned
I'm not Mike, but am somewhat familiar with vB3. (the new software)

No, it's not impossible to re-arrange the threadviews to put the Avatar back where it used to be, but it's a chore and a half to do. You would have to go into the templates individually and re-work them. Unfortunately, the way that v3 is set up, its significantly more difficult to do than it was with vB2. (Old software) Under the old system colors and appearances could easily be set by editing the templates. Under this new system, a CSS in the admin panel governs a lot of the colors and looks of the templates themselves. You would have to be very familiar with how the "Phrases" work in order to do it. Phrases are new with vBulletin and if you get a template messed up and not calling the right phrases, it's back to square 1.

Skipper

fredw

Retired Moderator
Thanks guys. I was hoping that there was a user set up option that would allow me to do what I wanted.

I deleted the avatar I was using so that folks won't have to look at that ugly thing everytime they scroll past one of my posts.