2x4 Gobbler

six

I don't post many kill pictures, but figured I'd make an exception on this one. I killed this bird this morning about 9 oclock. I heard him early but didn't get to the killing spot until about 8:40. I never call to a bird until I'm where I think I can kill him. I let him gobble three or four times at leaf scratching, then hit him with my MSharpe Skeeter call. He went crazy but would not show himself over the little hill I was looking at. At one point he had to be 20 yards but he would not stick his head up over the hump. I could hear him walking and drumming. A couple minutes later he was a hundred yards to my right, then further to my right. I had to spin on the tree twice, then hit him with Skeeter again. He had almost completely circled me now, but now I could see him and he had committed. Shot him at about 15 yards. To my surprise he had two beards and four tail feathers. When I cleaned him he had been shot before. I don't know if someone had a hold of him and he got away, or if a predator almost got him after he was shot. That explains his reluctance to come to the call.

Last edited:

ryanwhit

Well done.

turkeykirk

Congraulations .

Last edited:

Killdee

You did him a favor, bet he had trouble navigating in flight!!!
Congratulations 6

six

You did him a favor, bet he had trouble navigating in flight!!!
Congratulations 6

That's the first thing I thought about. I'd like to have seen him go to roost one time. I bet it was a struggle. He had a lot of back feathers missing too.

sman

Nice! But ya got to admit it does look funny with only 4 feathers.

The mtn man

That's a goodun.

Turkeydoghunter

Glad You Got Him Ronnie, He Might Not Have Made It In That Condition, Glad A trophy Didnt Get Wasted !